Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlifts

1. C

Belt thickness ideas

I’m starting to lift super heavy and want to get a belt What would be the proper thickness i should get. 10MM too much? Or should i get 8MM? These would be used on my squats and deadlifts
  2. C

Simplifying leg day

What do you guys think about simplifying leg day and just doing one lift at a time like how about I just do squats 20 sets Or another day i might just do deadlifts Or another day i might just do lunges? is this a good strategy or will I just be shooting myself in the leg no pun...
  3. H

Band work

my gym has been under construction and they finally finished it and now there's an area and there's guys that I've never seen before that I working out and they're using bands doing all kinds of movements within bicep curls even doing stuff like deadlifts and squats using them as resistance do...
  4. K

Shin splints while doing leg work

I developed really bad shin splints when I was in prison and we used to run on concrete. I did my time like a man and when I got released I continue my workout Journey now I am dealing with them again but this time it's when I do leg work with weights. it's weird but calf raises and even...
  5. T

max deadlifting?

What do you guys think about going in the gym and doing max deadlifts? Do you think they are a good idea or should we be aiming for a specific number of reps? I’m getting annoyed at the gym watching some of these younger dudes who pack on over 400 pounds and do horrible form. One of them...
  6. 6

olympic style lifting

do you think it is okay to do olympic style lifting everyday? Just doing cleans, clean and jerks, bench press, squats, deadlifts. Nothing else. Or is that too much stress on the body where I could get injured.
  7. A

Getting motivated for leg day

I absolutely hate leg day to the point where sometimes I skip it. It is really hard on my body and I get sore afterwards especially my upper legs near my grind. How do you get hyped up for leg day? Deadlifts and squats just take everything out of me like I've been punched
  8. P

Deadlift pain

I went heavy on the deadlifts and I was doing to place on each side 5 sets and 5 reps. On my third set I started to notice my middle and lower back in pain. Like my muscle was tightening up. I thought maybe it was a little cramp so I kept going then I started to feel a sharp pain going down my...
  9. J

Why do people lift barefoot?

I've noticed the past year more and more people working out at my gym who take their shoes off especially with things like squats and deadlifts. Is there something that they've learned off of social media where some Guru told him to do this or is it something else going on. What are the...
  10. Z

who is the strongest on here?

Who do you guys think is the stronger person on here right now and how much can you guys do with the big 3 lifts. bench press squats deadlifts let’s see who is strongest my lifts are 350, 460, 420. I think that is pretty strong but I weigh 255 pounds
  11. J

Wearing a belt to weight training?

Over the past 6 months I've increase how much weight I'm doing on my lifts specifically my squats and deadlifts. I see guys in my gym which is pretty hardcore using belts and I'm the only one without one so I feel kind of naked. What kind of belt do I need to look for and how much do you think...
  12. A

help me powerlifters

I’m in my 50’s and powerlift, I’m a female who already has children 2 of whom are in college. Don’t care about having kids but don’t want to turn into a man. Cost is also an issue so please keep it economical. I am doing deadlifts, bench, squats, and other powerlifting lifts and want to get...
  13. B

hamstring training

I don’t see many posts about training the hamstrings which are the muscle on the upper back part of your leg. Everyone seems to think deadlifts are the best thing to train them but I read a study that showed that leg curls are better. The problem is my gym does not have any leg curl machines...
  14. R

rack pull strength

I'm at the gym right now and wanted to just post that I managed to hit over 400 in the rack pull only 2nd pin up in the power rack. I'm going to try and deadlift the same weight from the ground now at the same weight and see if i can get it clean. do you guys do rack pulls to get your deadlifts...
  15. C

Squat/Deadlift form help

Hey everyone! Former powerlifted here. Took an unfortunate, unavoidable two-year break from weight lifting. Started again, slowly, a little over a week ago. (By "slowly" I mean that I'm taking it easy on weight. Not trying to really push the envelope yet until I get my body used to the unique...
  16. Andalite

Big Boy Basics

Hi everyone!! I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the best of luck for all your goals. A new year means a new journal so welcome to Big Boy Basics!!! Goals are as they have always been: to stay injury free and get stronger and hopefully lose some of the chub ;) For all...
  17. Andalite

Beached Whale Chronicles

Hi everyone, I started this journal on a bunch of other boards but I'm stopping most of them from now on. I haven't posted on this board in forever and I think it's time I come back..I've always liked the feel of this board so I'm setting up shop here :) I started this year weighing 215 lbs...
Top Bottom