GEORGE SPELLWIN'S ANNOUNCEMENTS

torn pec

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about torn pec within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: i think i may have torn my pec muscle it never turned black and blue but it kills every time i try to bench. its been like this for 2 months now i think i might have to stop benching for a while but i dont want to get to weak.has anyone ever had this problem if so what did you do?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: torn pec

Amateur Bodybuilder

torn pec

i think i may have torn my pec muscle it never turned black and blue but it kills every time i try to bench. its been like this for 2 months now i think i might have to stop benching for a while but i dont want to get to weak.has anyone ever had this problem if so what did you do?

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    You need rest man...and work on your bench form. Close grips instead of regulars. You need to ask some of the good plers here.. Jay, Hannibal...etc...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

All Natural
    I had a friend to this a while back. First of all see the doctor and find out what's wrong. Secondly, if it hurts it right now LAY OFF. Focus on overhead work. As sausage suggested, it close grips don't hurt it, try those.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I would get it looked at first. If its torn then you need to rehabe a torn pec. If its not and its muscle or somehting then you can rehab it accordingly. BUt i would focus on closer grips or whatever doest hurt as bad, and brd presses. But i doubt its torn cause it would be bruised. You may have just really strained it. If you lay off completely from pressing it wont kill you , and whne its better it will come back pretty fast.

Get it checked.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    told you that shit wasnt torn earlier. you probley just strained it really bad. LAY OFF

Go see a doctor. If it is torn, surgery will be required to properly re-attach it. Otherwise you run the risk of it attaching incorrectly, and this can cause far more problems. It may be nothing, but why risk it? A trip to a doctor's can sometimes save you years of agony.

Pro Bodybuilder

nothing to do with your torn pec

sausage unless I'm goin crazy over here but it seems like your talkin to yourself or giving yourself advice or coaching yourself. I dunno what it is look at your first post then your second one on this thread it looks like your talkin to yourself.

EX. "I think I may have torn a pec...."

then again you say "told you that shit wasn't torn earlier". Bro no flames to ya but I'm just askin what's up.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    a friend of mine uses my name he was responding to my ?

Pro Bodybuilder
    OHHHHHHHH OK I thought you were freakin out on us bro.