Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Etiquette - When to back off?

WoNderWoMan25

Gym Etiquette: Thoughts, advise, suggestions on...

How to tell a trainer at the gym to back off? He's called a 'floor trainer' meaning he is not certified as a personal trainer. The advise he's giving isn't even GOOD advise and it totally goes against things I've been taught/researched/learned.

I want to be polite. Wearing headphones hasn't done the trick so far.

How ripped is he? Listen a little, tell him you will dicuss why you are doing what you are AFTER your workout. Tell him please not to bother you when you are working and if he doesn't back off then tell management. But do listen a little....he might have some good tips and if not he may be able to learn from YOU...at least your approach to lifting and why you are doing it.

medical said:
How ripped is he? Listen a little, tell him you will dicuss why you are doing what you are AFTER your workout. Tell him please not to bother you when you are working and if he doesn't back off then tell management. But do listen a little....he might have some good tips and if not he may be able to learn from YOU...at least your approach to lifting and why you are doing it.

How ripped is he? He's not. He's squishy (I know because he works out in a wifebeater... ugh)

He is very opinionated and doesn't think women should lift anything other than the pink five-pounders........

Okay, I'm sure that was a bit extreme, but I have already tried to listen a little. I definitely have a lot to learn, but I trust the trainer I've worked with at this gym in the past. And I still think it's rude to interrupt in the middle of a set.

To follow up w/more info: he wants to me follow the 'circuit' in the gym, using all of the precor machines. One set to warm up, the second set to failure. I know he's watching because I recently starting working calves and abs more. His thought is that calves and abs should not be worked more than once/week. He doesn't think women should drop-set or super-set. Also, cardio should always be done before lifting.... etc etc. It's not like he is correcting my form or suggesting/demonstrating new exercises... that information I would WELCOME *any*time*.

medical said:
How ripped is he?
LMFAO

Like that could possibly matter less.

lol

Tell him that if you want advice - that you will ask for it.

If it continues - tell the gym manager as it is likely a recurring problem - and not just with you.

Tell him if you want his opinion - you'll beat it out of him.....LOL j/k but something along those lines.....

And I agree - say something to mgmt. if he continues....

Next time he interrupts dramatically point your finger to the other end of the gym and say "back to the shed with you!" Laugh then walk away :)

I know how you want to go off. I had to do that and my old neighbor (he's a trainer at my old gym) ... he hasn't spoken to me or made eye contact since.

I snapped back once & looked like the bad guy, he called me out in the weight room with SO many people around and made me feel really stupid. It really hurt my feelings and I was embarassed. That's why I say let your progress speak for you. I also did in 12 weeks but he told me I couldn't do in less than a year.

God I'm not sure what I'd do. I tend to shoot newbie trainers a comment about how I"ve probably been training longer than they've been on the planet, but that doesn't really accomplish anything. I'd seriously say - "Well depens on your goals. My goals require that I lift like a mutherfucker."

Listen to Shadow

The Shadow said:
LMFAO

Like that could possibly matter less.

lol

Tell him that if you want advice - that you will ask for it.

If it continues - tell the gym manager as it is likely a recurring problem - and not just with you.

Top Bottom