Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good OLY instructional vids

amazed everytime i watch vids like this...

so relating this to the 5x5, are our squats supposed to have that kind of tempo...?

it will take some getting used to, as i've always lowered the weight much slower, and never had that much explosion coming up... and maybe that's because of the slower decent i've been using for years...

Thanks bro

Good stuff here! :)

DZLS said:
amazed everytime i watch vids like this...

so relating this to the 5x5, are our squats supposed to have that kind of tempo...?

it will take some getting used to, as i've always lowered the weight much slower, and never had that much explosion coming up... and maybe that's because of the slower decent i've been using for years...

I think it's best to bounce out of the bottom like Matt doe's on that video.
Allthough he looks pretty comfortable doing squats at a fast pace, probably best to go with a speed that feels good, without affecting form. I read the full chapter on the squat from starting strength so i assume i have an understanding of how it should be done.

Great link proto ;)

Interesting vids. Humiliating to know that a 'kid' 70# lighter than me can clean (let alone jerk) 120# more than me. Oh well, my fault for starting the oly lifts late.

As for instruction - my opinion the vids are lacking somewhat. More of a general overview. The ironmind vids posted by ColJ with Chad Ikei are awesome, he breaks down the lifts by aspect, taking time to point out sublte differences in technique and cues for during the lift.

Also - the camera angle needs to be something other than head on for the most part.

5/10

Top Bottom