Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating too far under tdee??

MSiapin74

My wife is trying to lose weight, she has successfully lost 15 pounds so far over about 3 months. Her losses became stagnant and This last month shes been eating 700-900 calories/day and working out/cycling 3 times a week. Still no progress. I told her her metabolism has probably slowed down and she’s retaining water and she should eat more. She started eating more these last 2 weeks and lost a pound. Does this sound like we’re on the right track and is this even the reason she stopped seeing progress? Any feedback would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigh. it is a constant war for me to preach to people to not follow these stupid calorie deficits. why? CAUSE THEY DON'T WORK PERIOD. guys keep arguing this with me on these forums but the science is on my side on this subject. these stupid diets are for people who are competing who need short term results ahead of a show or something, they are not suitable for 99.9% of the rest of us who just want to look good year round or lose fat etc. it is buffoonery for a lean person to preach to a fat person that they should 'eat in a deficit' for that reason.

when you eat in a calorie deficit like this you will crash your metabolism. so that is why your wife cannot lose anymore weight. think about how absurd it is to think that you just lose weight forever eating in a deficit, if that was true your wife would eventually weight nothing right?

fasting is the answer instead. when you fast your metabolism DOES NOT DROP, in fact it will actually increase! your body will attack fat stores. buy your wife my Ebook guide in my signature on fasting protocols and have her follow that instead of counting calories and she will shred up

My wife is trying to lose weight, she has successfully lost 15 pounds so far over about 3 months. Her losses became stagnant and This last month shes been eating 700-900 calories/day and working out/cycling 3 times a week. Still no progress. I told her her metabolism has probably slowed down and she’s retaining water and she should eat more. She started eating more these last 2 weeks and lost a pound. Does this sound like we’re on the right track and is this even the reason she stopped seeing progress? Any feedback would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She cut too much too quick. Her body went into starvation mode and is holding onto everything. To keep from crashing her metabolism she needs to keep her defecit at no more than 500 calories per day. And then implement a refeed at maintenance calories every 10 to 14 days

You will always stall out when running a hard prolonged caloric deficit, since your body's metabolic rate will plummet as a survival mechanism. A much more conservative approach will help way more even if it doesn't give instant big results.

Top Bottom