Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reps question and muscle group

FelixJones

[FONT=&quot]ok this topic frustrates the absolute shit out of me because i have no real quality answer on it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Whenever i see someone doing abs at the gym they are doing around 50 - 100 reps per set.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now when i see them doing bench press i dont see them doing 50 - 100. so whats the difference. If you want to build good abs you need to fail at either the 3 - 6 strength range or the 8 - 12 hypertrophy range right? which ever is your goal at the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]all that i can see 50 doing is giving you the ability to sit up and lay back down 50 times very easily. muscular endurance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]whenever i run this by people they stare at me blankly like im from another planet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]what are your thoughts?[/FONT]

They're doing the wrong workouts for abs is why. Heavy squats, deadlifts, and such will build big vlocky abs

well i agree with what you guys are saying but let me approach it a bit different

your abs can be pounded much harder than the muscles and joints associated with the bench press. example is you can easily overtrain your pecs and shoulders doing a lot of bench pressing which will lead to overuse injuries. you aren't going to injure yourself doing abs unless you are doing them with heavy weights or something

ok this topic frustrates the absolute shit out of me because i have no real quality answer on it.

Whenever i see someone doing abs at the gym they are doing around 50 - 100 reps per set.
Now when i see them doing bench press i dont see them doing 50 - 100. so whats the difference. If you want to build good abs you need to fail at either the 3 - 6 strength range or the 8 - 12 hypertrophy range right? which ever is your goal at the time.

all that i can see 50 doing is giving you the ability to sit up and lay back down 50 times very easily. muscular endurance.

whenever i run this by people they stare at me blankly like im from another planet.

what are your thoughts?

Because they didn't look at the science.

Top Bottom