Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendonitis in elbow

307gainer

I've been doing moderate to heavy training for 3 years now and recently I have had problems with Tendonitis in my right elbow. Whenever I use bars or isolation movements my elbow gets wrecked. I can bare with the pain during the work out but after its horrible. I am taking joint stacks and I have stopped supination when I lift, I also focus on perfect form. Can anyone shed some light on anything else I can do to treat this or make it go away completely? Thanks,

You said you are taking joint stacks?

A Lateral Epicondylitis question!

The typical reason why you are experiencing tendonitis is because the muscles in your forearms aren't strong enough to withstand the the force that is going through them.

Two thing to treat it I found helped me:

Massage an do tissue work on the forearm to loose then muscle and massage out trigger points.

Also excercise and strengthen the forearms, mainly in your extensor muscle and supinator muscles.

Sometimes there's this ligament in your elbow, it sits in this groove and sometimes can jump the track causing discomfort. I've given up anything that puts tremendous pressure on elbow joins, as they are about the weakest. No overhead triceps extensions. When doing skull crushers, I go back further, over the top of my head as opposed to the bridge of my nose. Nothing where I completely isolate that joint. I would definitely spend lots of time warming that area up. Lots of light curls and push downs before bigger weights.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge I will give this a try and see where it gets me. Much appreciated!

BTW - some guys think stretching the muscle can help, but if you think about it really the problem is caused by too much stretching to begin with. So NO STRETCHING OF THAT JOINT + Muscles. Try the tissues work with pressure and just strengthening little at the time.

I used to get tendonitis in my right or left elbow all the time. It was a real pain in the butt to get it to go away. I met a chiropractor who showed me how to deeply rub across the tendons to break up the 'pain' / inflamed areas. Fine the nearest point of the elbow and with your arm pointed upwards, rub horizontally across and dig through each tendon for about 5 minutes. Then ice it for 20 minutes at a time. I sometimes, go longer up to 40 minutes. I found out that which exercise would inflame that elbow 100% of the time - Pull downs for Lats! I found that it pulls really hard on the elbow so my gym brought in a newer machine called the diverging lat machine. Look it up. It's great - I'm lifting more than ever on this cycle and I have NO issues with elbow tendonitis. It's pretty awesome! But icing the tendons is the key. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom