Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help and opinions on this routine please!

NBAfan#21

Hey guys. I haven't posted there in a while. I was lazy and kind of sacked off with the workouts this year because of school and exams but i got more serious with it for the past month.

I need your advice on this routine. My goals are strength and muscle mass. I wanna take a break from 5x5 and 5/3/1 but still do a good routine that can give me results.

Day 1:
Bench press: 2-3 x 5 (3x3 on some weeks)
Dumbell press: 3 x 10 (3 x 8 on some weeks)
Weighted Dips: 3 x 8
Lateral raises: 2sets x 12 reps

Day 2 :
Deadlift: 2 x 3-5
Db rows: 3 x 6-8
Pullups: 3 x failure
Cable rows (maybe some other machine for the back) : 2 x 10
Some curl variation: 2sets x 10

Day 3 :
Squat: 2-3sets x 3-5reps
Leg press: 3 x 10-12
Leg curls (maybe lunges instead) : 3 x 10-12

thanks for any advices and opinions

Hey guys. I haven't posted there in a while. I was lazy and kind of sacked off with the workouts this year because of school and exams but i got more serious with it for the past month.

I need your advice on this routine. My goals are strength and muscle mass. I wanna take a break from 5x5 and 5/3/1 but still do a good routine that can give me results.

Day 1:
Bench press: 2-3 x 5 (3x3 on some weeks) 3-5 Sets Min
Dumbell press: 3 x 10 (3 x 8 on some weeks) 3-5 Sets Min
Weighted Dips: 3 x 8 3 sets to failure
Lateral raises: 2sets x 12 reps

Day 2 :
Deadlift: 2 x 3-5 5 sets min
Db rows: 3 x 6-8
Pullups: 3 x failure
Cable rows (maybe some other machine for the back) : 2 x 10
Some curl variation: 2sets x 10

Day 3 :
Squat: 2-3sets x 3-5reps 5-7 sets @ 5 reps atlest
Leg press: 3 x 10-12 Eliminate replace with PISTOL SQUATS
Leg curls (maybe lunges instead) : 3 x 10-12 Eliminate replace with SLDL
Calves-Sitting + Standing 3 sets of 20 each way

thanks for any advices and opinions

Good luck broly this is what I would do.

Good luck broly this is what I would do.

Thanks man! but im not sure if i could do that many sets for deadlifts and squats. Doing only 2 sets of deadlifts really kills me especially with the ''warmup'' sets before my 2 main sets with the fixed weight. If i had to do more sets i would need to drop the weight i use by 30-40 lbs i think.

And also i noticed i dont have alot of shoulder work in there but thats because my left shoulder has been messed up for a while and it hurts alot when i do some exersise. I even need to stay upright on my dips or else it will hurt too much

Thanks man! but im not sure if i could do that many sets for deadlifts and squats. Doing only 2 sets of deadlifts really kills me especially with the ''warmup'' sets before my 2 main sets with the fixed weight. If i had to do more sets i would need to drop the weight i use by 30-40 lbs i think.

And also i noticed i dont have alot of shoulder work in there but thats because my left shoulder has been messed up for a while and it hurts alot when i do some exersise. I even need to stay upright on my dips or else it will hurt too much

Okay bro.....

Deadlifts and Squats ARE your two most valuable exercises in the gym. Everything else is secondary as far as IM concerned. 5 sets for deadlifts is mediocre and easily accomplished. You just need to break it down so that you can complete and progress on a weekly/biweekly basis.

EXAMPLE: My 2 routines look like this.....

5x5 5x10
135x5 135x10
225x5 225x10
315x5 315x10
405x5 365x10
500x5 425x10

Obviously your weights are probably not there but you get my point. Space it out, count your warmup as a set etc etc. You HAVE to work on the big lifts, fuck the bicep curls okay!! lol

Same idea applies for squats really focus energy there for leg day, dont waste your time on anything else until you can get through squats with good form, power, and confidence. Add more exercises as your comfort and fatigue levels increase.

Im not the best for injury advice, I believe ghettostudmuffin (maybe) is knowledgeable maybe you can PM him and ask for advice on the shoulder.

Good luck, train hard, and stay consistent. Post any questions or concerns you have.

Top Bottom