Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What muscle groups are best to workout together?

JwhiteC07

I'm looking for a good workout that helps with gaining mass. Here's my current workout routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mon. - Heavy Chest
Tues. - Bis/Tris
Wed. - Off
Thurs. - Back, Shoulders
Fri.- Light Chest/Bis/Tris
Sat. - Off
Sun.- Legs

I'm looking for a good workout that helps with gaining mass. Here's my current workout routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mon. - Heavy Chest
Tues. - Bis/Tris
Wed. - Off
Thurs. - Back, Shoulders
Fri.- Light Chest/Bis/Tris
Sat. - Off
Sun.- Legs

Never do two big body parts together, you won't be able
to get optimal results.

The body part you do first will get hit better then the second, so when
doing bigger body parts you want to be able to hit them hard.

Won't be able to that doing shoulders, and back together!
One will get more attention then the other.

I say do WHOLE BODY workouts every day.

Like the 5x5: squat, bench, row / front squat, standing press, chins

or oly lifts and strength: snatch, squat, dip / clean, press, snatch-grip dead / jerk, front squat, pend row

rarely go to failure, and alternate lighter days/exercises with higher intensity.

For example, maybe have a workout with a very stressful squat session which leave your legs sore and you just run through the motions on the bench and row, then the next day/workout, do a moderate weight for squatting, and then beat the crap out of your chest and lats.

Idea behind this is:

You can hit the whole body 3-5 times a week without overtraining - as opposed to just once a week if you're doing a normal split where you do say 5 leg exercises and are then super sore for 3-5 days. This means you build up 150-250 workouts for each muscle group a year as opposed to just 50. In the workouts where you use a moderate weight, you can work on form and flush the muscle with blood (and nutrients) and develop the neuromuscular skill and flexibility. You heal up faster and increase metabolism with daily whole body workouts.

Take of days when you feel blown out or just do 20mins cardio and stretching to promote healing.

Sunday - thighs and calves
Monday - delts and abs
Tuesday - arms
Thursday - back and calves
Friday or Saturday - chest and abs

This has been the best split for me. Have tried many and this one I have used for about 15 years. Allows plenty of recovery and enough rest between pushing / pulling exercises.

Always work a major group and then the assisting muscle. In other words, when you work chest, you;re working tris, so they're already warmed up. When you work back, you're working bi's. Shoulders and traps. Hams and Quads.

Top Bottom