Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein rule

ford78

[FONT=&quot]Just got started in bodybuilding and was wondering, should I be using the 1/lb of bodyweight=1/g of protein powder rule on days I dont workout?[/FONT]

Just got started in bodybuilding and was wondering, should I be using the 1/lb of bodyweight=1/g of protein powder rule on days I dont workout?

You can adjust the calories on days you don't work out. But yes, I would aim to get at least that on rest days as well.

for 99% of guys who are normal gym rats the protein requirements we see parroted on forums are absurdly high. 15 years ago if you posted you ate anything less than 400g of protein a day you would get flamed by a bunch of overweight permabulkers. it was ridiculous

the supp companies did a great job of putting out bogus info in magazines (run by them) to trick people into thinking they needs tons of protein powder when you don't need any

so the answer is really you need about .6-.75g per pound of body weight. so a 200 pound person needs 150g a day which is MORE THAN ENOUGH. and considering human beings evolved cycling their macros anyway, it makes no sense to worry about hitting that number everyday.. some days you won't and some days you will go higher.. that is how we are supposed to eat and if you don't eat that way your gut health will go to shit as you age and you won't be able to absorb vitamins and minerals anyway so it defeats the purpose. that is why counting macros is counter productive.. 80% of people reading this right now are deficient in Zinc and Magnesium due to poor gut health. that is a fact. and you can't fix that by eating more either, you gotta fix your gut health

for 99% of guys who are normal gym rats the protein requirements we see parroted on forums are absurdly high. 15 years ago if you posted you ate anything less than 400g of protein a day you would get flamed by a bunch of overweight permabulkers. it was ridiculous

the supp companies did a great job of putting out bogus info in magazines (run by them) to trick people into thinking they needs tons of protein powder when you don't need any

so the answer is really you need about .6-.75g per pound of body weight. so a 200 pound person needs 150g a day which is MORE THAN ENOUGH. and considering human beings evolved cycling their macros anyway, it makes no sense to worry about hitting that number everyday.. some days you won't and some days you will go higher.. that is how we are supposed to eat and if you don't eat that way your gut health will go to shit as you age and you won't be able to absorb vitamins and minerals anyway so it defeats the purpose. that is why counting macros is counter productive.. 80% of people reading this right now are deficient in Zinc and Magnesium due to poor gut health. that is a fact. and you can't fix that by eating more either, you gotta fix your gut health
This is actually closer to the truth. You dont need as much as people think. I typically get about a gram a pound but I try to not really go over that. Excess just goes to waste and stresses the kidneys further

Top Bottom