Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to improve my bench press

Ccchickens

it's embarrassing how little I can bench. I was working out with a bunch of buddies in mine and I'm the weakest one of the group. I can only bench 125 pounds which is not even one plate on a side. How do I improve my bench press and can you give me some motivation and tell me how much you originally benched and now how much you bench so I can set a realistic goal

it's embarrassing how little I can bench. I was working out with a bunch of buddies in mine and I'm the weakest one of the group. I can only bench 125 pounds which is not even one plate on a side. How do I improve my bench press and can you give me some motivation and tell me how much you originally benched and now how much you bench so I can set a realistic goal

I do not worry about how much I can bench. I am pretty big, but also weak compared to guys my size. I would say that you might want to try working the fibers a little more. Example: come down with the bench, go 1/2 way up, come down and back up. That is one rep. Stopping 1/2 way up gets the fibers activated a little more. You will also be low weight 10-12 reps.
Your triceps may also be weaker which will limit your bench.
I personally normally do not go heavy often because of the stress on the joints.
There are many ways to increase intensity without using a lot of weight( drop sets, supersets, slow reps, etc) which all should help with I creasing your bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't remember what i originally benched, i started out doing hammer strength pressing at my first shitty gym i trained at. i started bench pressing for real a couple years later. in my mid 30's i benched over 400, close to 420 and only weighed at 192 pounds @ 5'6''

i improved by putting in the hours in the gym and being consistent

You can increase your bench in 4 weeks, just add 5 lbs every week and you'll do 20lbs more in 1 month then 10lbs per week, in 2 months you'll add 40-50 lbs on bench and you'll be much stronger

Top Bottom