Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking up using your diet the Steve way

Hey Steve, I notice you didnt mention a few things food wise and just was wondering what your personal opinions were on them.
Oats?? Or anything like Quinoa? These are killer complex carb sources.
Especially for someone like myself who doesnt eat veggies or sweet potatoes (regular, yes... sweet, yuck).

Also Grape seed oil is a killer fat to cook with which can withstand high temps and tastes great even by itself. Also unsweetened almond milk as opposed to dairy.

Quinoa is a great source of carbs and also has a very good amino acid
profile, would defo recommend. Rice bran oil is also another decent choice for
an oil to cook with..

IcE

Hey Steve, I notice you didnt mention a few things food wise and just was wondering what your personal opinions were on them.
Oats?? Or anything like Quinoa? These are killer complex carb sources.
Especially for someone like myself who doesnt eat veggies or sweet potatoes (regular, yes... sweet, yuck).

Also Grape seed oil is a killer fat to cook with which can withstand high temps and tastes great even by itself. Also unsweetened almond milk as opposed to dairy.

yes oats and quinoa are awesome and i would class them along with brown rice in the bulker i wrote.

unsweetened almond milk is what some our ancestors used to drink but they would make it fresh.. if you make it fresh its full of nutrition.. the almond milk from the store unfortunately is processed so there is a huge difference between the two. I would definately choose almond milk (even processed) over cow milk anyday.

rice milk has very little nutritional value, and soy milk i'm just not a fan of soy, think its just a filler. and Hemp milk i would put the nutritional value just short of almond milk..

grapeseed is great to use in place of olive oil.. both are wonderful. sweet potatoes with the skin is one of the most perfect foods out there bulking or not, i would try and swap them in over white potatoes as much as possible. i always grab half a sweet potato and eat it on the way to the gym.

Hey Steve.

Quick question and gonna be brief. Very hard gainer. Main issue is that I have cancer. Lymphoma cancer to be exact. That being said, I am restricted on intake of a lot foods due to the fact that they can increase or multiply the cancer cells. ie in the form of sugars, carbs, red meat, wheat, gluten, etc. The list goes on. Very frustrating as I have gained an incredible physic last year while hitting the gym (with the aid of anabolics I may add but only for a maximum of 2 cycles and moderate amounts), but the cancer got me very sick preventing me from hitting the gym. I have seemed to get more energy and have decided that I will not let this disease prevent me from lifting and re-gaining what I had and what I want accomplish.

That being said, what kind of diet would you suggest I ingest? I understand that the consistency would/ will be the same, but what foods can you suggest I implement or trade off for the stuff I should not and cannot have?

I imagine I should focus more on supplements due to my limitations?

Any input would be kindly appreciated from you as well as others that have educated and informative feedback.

Again, this is focused on a diet strictly on a bulking diet.

Thanks.

Pretty much what I do, but For anyone who can quickly start adding unwated fat *ME* I'll swap starch carbs for fibrous veggies every other meal until the fat stores start to come down a little, then It's back to pounding whole wheat pasta brown rice and sweet potatoes. For anyone who has trouble gaining Add about 2 cups of pasta with sauce to your first meal after you have a PWO shake and I promise you'll see growth.

hi steve,

am wondering if there is any particular macros to follow when clean bulking and yet limits not too much fat % increase?
is increasin your LBM 4 lbs a year considered too slow too little? what could be an optimal number of LBM if you are on a clean diet and train hard and consistently?

^^^ i'm not gonna get into percentages or numbers but will say it is not necessarily true that someone who gains say 50 pounds over 3 years will eat more than before. now before people say I'm nuts let me tell you why. when i was a runner I would eat way more than i do today. pizza for example, I would pound one down by myself, you hear of triathletes who eat 5000+ cals a day or crazy numbers. its true. today as a bodybuilder i would never eat a whole pizza like that. i would be too worried about gaining fat. and I weigh 50 pounds or so more as a bodybuilder than i did as a runner.

right now i am pretty bulked up so i have room to give up mass. but someone who is skinny whom this thread is designed to help, they must eat eat eat eat. cause their metabolism is so fast

hope that answers your question

^^^ i'm not gonna get into percentages or numbers but will say it is not necessarily true that someone who gains say 50 pounds over 3 years will eat more than before. now before people say I'm nuts let me tell you why. when i was a runner I would eat way more than i do today. pizza for example, I would pound one down by myself, you hear of triathletes who eat 5000+ cals a day or crazy numbers. its true. today as a bodybuilder i would never eat a whole pizza like that. i would be too worried about gaining fat. and I weigh 50 pounds or so more as a bodybuilder than i did as a runner.

right now i am pretty bulked up so i have room to give up mass. but someone who is skinny whom this thread is designed to help, they must eat eat eat eat. cause their metabolism is so fast

hope that answers your question

Steve, for someone who has a BLAST FURNACE metabolism would it be ok if they upped their cheat meals to two a week? I have NEVER been fat, ever, sometimes I think guys with a fast metabolism have to go to extreme measures to gain weight and all the rule books can go out the window.

Top Bottom