Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Say It Ain't So: CFCs, Not CO2 May Be to Blame for Global Warming Patterns

Looking back its such a shame that Gore was the prominent figure who decided to run with this. Forever turned it into a bullshit left vs right issue when it's about as centrist of an issue there could be.

I agree.

Politics and science have been co-mingled for a very, very long time.

Public money funds lots of science which in turn produces results that support public policy decisions. But there's huge money at stake in public policy which makes the politicization of science a very profitable effort.

You'd think peer review could fix the situation, but in some ways it makes it worse. Grant reviewers are almost always directly or indirectly supported by similar grants, and they're not going to go thermonuclear on each others' applications. Also, research is like the fashion industry, but longer-term. Once an idea becomes vogue, those guys get the research dollars which in turn fund more graduate students which in turn produce more post-docs and research professors that apply for more grants. And no researcher who has been publishing since grad school wants to recant their own research and change directions.

And no, I don't know how to fix it.

I just nearly fell out of my chair. The Boracle is stumped? GTFO!!

We depend daily on your wisdom, keen insights and glib homosexual banter. Whatever shall we do?:worried:

Well since you asked, I'd say put down the game controller, put down the joint, get the hell out of your mom's basement and go get a job.

:)

I'd say put down the game controller,

but it's been years since I had a game controller in my hand. Dude I don't play video games hardly anymore, certainly not console games. I'm lucky if I have time to play a good one or two PC games a year. Sorry to have to shit on one of your core preconceived notions. :coffee:

but it's been years since I had a game controller in my hand. Dude I don't play video games hardly anymore, certainly not console games. I'm lucky if I have time to play a good one or two PC games a year. Sorry to have to shit on one of your core preconceived notions. :coffee:

Yeah, we know. You just "demo" them.

Looking back its such a shame that Gore was the prominent figure who decided to run with this. Forever turned it into a bullshit left vs right issue when it's about as centrist of an issue there could be.

I disagree. Environmentalist causes always imply restrictions to free enterprise and are therefore resisted by the right.

The right was already firmly anti-global warming and they were winning the PR battle in the media. Al Gore put together his Powerpoint presentation and went around the country lecturing to shift the focus to a science based debate.

I thought he did an excellent job of sticking to the science while keeping "An Inconvenient Truth" entertaining (or at least tolerable) to watch.

Top Bottom