Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resistance band workouts

I use them for activation movements in order to engage specific muscles that I will be training, and to warm up my shoulders. I also use bands on things like leg presses or hack squats. I will rig the machine so that the bands are pulling when I am at the bottom of the movement. This gives me a heavier load at the top, which allows me to use more weight overall.

I use them for activation movements in order to engage specific muscles that I will be training, and to warm up my shoulders. I also use bands on things like leg presses or hack squats. I will rig the machine so that the bands are pulling when I am at the bottom of the movement. This gives me a heavier load at the top, which allows me to use more weight overall.

Made up bullshit. It's just a word people throw about. Usually by girls referring to their butts as in 'I'm activating my glutes'. Please. Most girls butts are plenty big. I can take my finger - put it on your muscle (lets say your bicep) and get you to concentrate on tensing it while you lift. Even then it's not like the muscle was inactive before.

Warming up is fine (although using light weights still works).

You'd also want the bands on a leg press to pull at the top. And it's not more weight - it's more resistance.

physical therapists love using bands on their clients but they don't do jack shit for weight lifters because our bodies are way too advanced. i can see it if you are rehabbing from a major injury, but it won't do shit for us no.

you can use them post exercise to stretch and such, but what i would rather you do is hot bikram yoga instead

...you can use them post exercise to stretch and such, but what i would rather you do is hot bikram yoga instead

What does incorporating resistance bands in the workouts have to do with yoga?

I don't see any particular reason why a regular gym goer would need them but for people like powerlifters and alike they may serve some purpose.

It depends what you are trying to get out of them. They are not ideal for trying to build muscle and push yourself but they might be decent for warming up and stretching out.

Top Bottom