Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

making your own protein bars

lightflash

What are the ways you can make your own protein bars at home? The amount of sugar and garbage in a typical protein bar is ridiciulous and they always make me feel like crap after eating them. I need a recipe from one of you guys that is easy to do at home where I can make my own to take with me.

raw nuts
raw honey
cinnamon
almond butter

crush the nuts in a bowl and mix with almond butter, cinnamon, and honey.. then use a square glass container to place them evenly and press them. put in fridge for a couple hours and then cut into squares.. it will be a sticky but healthy protein bar

What are the ways you can make your own protein bars at home? The amount of sugar and garbage in a typical protein bar is ridiciulous and they always make me feel like crap after eating them. I need a recipe from one of you guys that is easy to do at home where I can make my own to take with me.

The very best way to make them is by mixing whey protein concentrate + smart balance peanut butter + Raw honey + wheat germ + Coconut Flour + assorted crushed nuts + dry fruits ... You can arrange that ingredient list in any assortment*

How to prepare:
Mix, press into a square dish, refrigerate 30-45min, cut into squares and wrap individually in wax paper or sarram wrapper.

*I can't give you a standard formula you will all like, you can play around with the ratios of each ingredient and create your own bar, you just need to watch out for the following rules:
Peanutbutter needs to be about 30% of the nix total is for it to hold.

Wheat germ needs to be in there about 5-10% can be as high as 20%. Wheat germ with the peanut butter in there this is what makes your concrete mix basically, you could just do peanut butter and wheat germ and whey protein for a boring bar. That is your main base for a square high protein item... The rest of the ingredients you can just play around with. If you add honey it will make it stick really really well the more honey it has.

no matter what you mix in just use the base I describe here and you can make an unlimited combination of flavors. No baking needed, just mix and go.

Top Bottom