Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroid Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter

needtogetaas

Warning Regarding Steroidal Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter

At FAME our highest priority is promoting the the BodyProud lifestyle and ideals, and creating a drug free competition environment for all our competitors. We receive many questions regarding which over the counter supplements are legal for natural competition. The supplement industry is a rapidly changing environment and it can be difficult to tell which products are OK to use, and which could possibly contain banned substances.

First, we believe it’s very important to say that if you don’t know what the ingredients are in any supplement, and don’t understand what that ingredient does, don’t take it. It’s your responsibility as a consumer to know and understand what you are putting in to your body! Any reputable company will explain the ingredients in their products and explain why they are included.

There is currently a flood of over the counter products on the market which are promoted as muscle builders or hardners which, due to a loophole in the law, legally contain fully active oral anabolic steroids. These are not “pro-hormones” or natural products with names that sound similar to actual steroids, but full strength anabolic steroids with all the potential effects and side effects of scheduled, prescription anabolic steroids. In some cases, chemists have dug into the pharmaceutical record to find steroids which were researched but never brought to market and copied these formulas. In other cases, chemists have made small alterations to a known steroid and created a new drug with similar effects, but which technically is not on any scheduled substance list. Because these drugs were never brought to market, or aren’t known to the FDA, they were never technically scheduled and not on any list of scheduled drugs. They are, however, 100% steroids and every bit as potent as their prescription cousins. In many cases they are more dangerous because they have worse side effects than the drugs the pharmaceutical companies chose to develop and market. To make matters even more confusing, supplement companies often use confusing names to describe these ingredients on the label that make it very difficult for someone without a chemistry degree to know what they are.

Make no mistake, using products containg these OTC steroids can and will cause you to test positive for banned substances. When your body metabolizes these steroids, chemicals called metabolites are left in your body. The metabolites from these OTC steroids are often chemically similar or even identical to the metabolites left by prescription steroids. Drug tests look for the metabolites left in your body after using steroids, and a drug test will not be able to tell the difference between an OTC steroid and a prescription steroid. You test will will simply come back positive for steroids and you will be banned from competition. If you use OTC steroids, you are using steroids. Make no mistake about it!

It’s important to note that not all supplements on the market contain steroids. There are many very effective muscle building and fat burning products that are 100% legal. Protein Powders, Creatine Products, NO2 Products, Amino Acids, and thermogenic fat burners are generally all safe for use in natural competiton. However, as stated above, always read the label and if you don’t know what an ingredient is, or what it does, find out before using it. Products promoted as Anabolic don’t necessarily contain steroids either. Anabolic simply means “Growth Causing” and there are many legitimate and natural Anabolic product on the market.

When looking out for OTC steroids, look for ingredients with names that look like this:

17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol
2a, 17a di-methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol
19-Norandrosta 4,9 diene- 3,17 dione
17a-methyl-1, 4-Androstadiene-3, 17-diol
4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3,17b-diol
3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-5-ene-17-one

This is not a comprehensive list. There are many more steroidal compounds on the market and new ones being added all the time. If a product you are considering using includes chemical names similar to those listed above, it is very likely to contain steroidal compounds that will cause you to test positive on a steroid test. Additionally, these products carry with them the same potential risks as prescription steroids. It’s important that you know what you are putting into your body! Research and learn about the ingredients before using any nutritional supplement!

Source - BodyProud.org

hmmm A little true and a little not.

I am amazed that the Feds haven't done something about this already. The thing is, when they do come down on these OTC drugs, they're going to come down hard. I worry that they may ban just about everything including some other supplements that are very safe and have nothing to do with this.

put em all in one cap needto make the cap yellow and call it jaundice. put me down for 1 case.

So now you are suggesting that needto's products are overly toxic? He has been very specific in saying that they are 17aa and have to be taken with caution. Whats up with you man? You are one very angry guy.

put em all in one cap needto make the cap yellow and call it jaundice. put me down for 1 case.

So now you are suggesting that needto's products are overly toxic? He has been very specific in saying that they are 17aa and have to be taken with caution. Whats up with you man? You are one very angry guy.

lol. i am probably one of the least angry people you will ever come across. my post was a joke. look at my next blast in my sig.

Last edited:
OMG this from an organization that does there drug testing by a panel of people that look at you to see if you look light you mught have done steroids. If they had real drug tests vs a panel of people that looked at you to judge if you looked enhanced then I might give them a little credit on knowing a thing or two about steroids or OTC "supplements."

he actually is a good bro. He says whats on his mind and doesnt kiss any ass. He isnt a sheep and isnt scared to voice his opinion on issues where others wouldnt dare. He is a realist and knows that steroids have side effects and he obviously isnt one of those people who think "it will never happen to me". All very solid qualities.Plus he was only joking. He takes needto's products.

he actually is a good bro. He says whats on his mind and doesnt kiss any ass. He isnt a sheep and isnt scared to voice his opinion on issues where others wouldnt dare. He is a realist and knows that steroids have side effects and he obviously isnt one of those people who think "it will never happen to me". All very solid qualities.Plus he was only joking. He takes needto's products.

Joe-d has been threw my needto underground program. He uses my products and prob will use other products I come out with.

He is a good guy and he is real. He was making a joke but I bet if I did make a cap like that his sick ass would take it :evil:

Joe-d has been threw my needto underground program. He uses my products and prob will use other products I come out with.

He is a good guy and he is real. He was making a joke but I bet if I did make a cap like that his sick ass would take it :evil:

lolololololol i spit my water out on my damn key board.

Top Bottom