Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else call in Gay Today for Work?

explain bisexuality and women becoming straight at 30. so that 'bisexual gene' has an expiry date and only exists in college chicks at college?

explain anne heche and angelina jolie while your'e at it. So I guess men 'are born with it' and women like anne heche can become gay, straight, bisexual whenever the fuck they want.

And explain men who fuck other men in prison but straight when they get out. I guess prison also creates 'the gay gene'. :)

r

Sure.

I personally believe human sexuality is pretty flexible. I call it my "gay scale." lets say 1 is totally straight and 10 is totally gay. There are some who are on the extreme ends, and some who fall somewhere in the middle. Some might prefer women to men, but still find men attractive, and vice versa. Heche, Jolie, etc...they fall somewhere in the middle. Prison sex....meh, it might bring out more guys who fall somewhere in the middle, but I personally think prison sex is more about power than it is about actually being attracted to other men. Girls who claim bisexuality to be cool are not actually bisexual, though they might be a 2 on the scale lol.

I don't think bisexual people ever "become straight." But they probably, after experimentation, realize they lean a certain direction, and stick with that.

That said, there are still people on the extremes who will NEVER like a member of the same or opposite sex.

If Plunkey is correct humanity is evolving at an unprecedented rates. In 1990 7.5% of Americans were non-religious, in 2001 13.2% were non-religious, the current rate is 16.1% and those are Pew numbers.

Here is a video presenting the data...

because some of us think homosexuality is a naturally occuring thing that people are born with, rather than an alternative lifestyle choice.
So, I'm curious, what would you have them teach in Sex Ed class? In the case of hetro, they teach how man and woman pro-create. They go into how to protect yourself from STDs and pregnancy.

Earlier to Plunkey's point, they don't go into bloodplay.

In the case of homo, what would they teach? The STD lessons are still covered, but what else is there (other then it exists)?

As for your other point, I agree that homosexuality is genetic. However, the part that I have trouble with is the amount of homosexuality that is genetic. Do I believe that some are born that way? Sure. Do I believe that ALL are born that way? Not really. I believe that some choose to. Now, you might say why would anyone choose homosexuality? The gays that I know are some of the kindest, nicest, loving people around. If a person was truly down or suicidal, I could understand why they would want to turn that way. Sometimes, when you don't love yourself, you can do amazing things.

Like religion? Religious tendencies are probably 10 to 20 times more "naturally occurring" in almost every society yet we don't teach that...

(point to Enderj, who first commented on it)
The score is EnderJ 358 to Plunkey's 12.

So, I'm curious, what would you have them teach in Sex Ed class? In the case of hetro, they teach how man and woman pro-create. They go into how to protect yourself from STDs and pregnancy.

In the case of homo, what would they teach? The STD lessons are still covered, but what else is there (other then it exists)?

As for your other point, I agree that homosexuality is genetic. However, the part that I have trouble with is the amount of homosexuality that is genetic. Do I believe that some are born that way? Sure. Do I believe that ALL are born that way? Not really. I believe that some choose to. Now, you might say why would anyone choose homosexuality? The gays that I know are some of the kindest, nicest, loving people around. If a person was truly down or suicidal, I could understand why they would want to turn that way. Sometimes, when you don't love yourself, you can do amazing things.

Ender, see my above post to RG about sexuality. I agree that some could go either way and choose the same sex. but I also believe some could never love a member of the opposite sex.

I also responded to your first question in my response to plunky. I don't believe seperate sexuality lessons need to be given for both "sides." No graphic details needed. but acknoledging it as an existing thing that SOME are born with, yes.

I'm old but I wasn't given a sex education curriculum until I was fifteen. In sixth grade we had an emergency intervention about aids where it was explained and how it was transmitted (sex, hetero or homo).

Ender, see my above post to RG about sexuality. I agree that some could go either way and choose the same sex. but I also believe some could never love a member of the opposite sex.

I also responded to your first question in my response to plunky. I don't believe seperate sexuality lessons need to be given for both "sides." No graphic details needed. but acknoledging it as an existing thing that SOME are born with, yes.
As long as we (collectively) don't talk in 'absolutes', then it can go either way.

I can see your point. :D

That and you're cute. Actually, nice call on the absolutes part. There's too much of that on here. You're a nice change.

RG, I still won't sleep with you.

dabuff, your attitudes on homosexuality really fucking annoy me. Like...really. I don't disagree that it should be kept out of schools except maybe in health classes when they are discussing human sexuality, but you really need to learn how to make your point without the words "sexual perversion" and talking about things being absolutely "immoral" without prefacing it with "in my opinion."

Didn't mean to step on any toes.

Though plunkey is right, the fact that it's on the internet does imply "IMO".

Also, realize that many men that do not support the gay community feel very strongly about the issue on the opposing end. Women, like yourself, tend to me more sympathetic. Even those that straight oppose it are more sympathetic.

No offense meant to anyone.

That's all I'm going to say.

Nef is right, everyone else comes off as homophobes to me personally.

Top Bottom