Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Recovery and Ostarine Question

gridironguy

Hello,

I am a new forum member as you can see, really need help with an ongoing training and recovery problem. This will be a somewhat long post so bear with me on the all the details. Basically, I have two questions, one on a recovery problem I am having, two, a question about a SARM that could help resolve the problem.

Some context. I am in my early 20s, I have been lifting since I was 14. I have never used PEDs. I had been an athlete and trained for years and was fairly developed. For about 2 ½ years I was working manual labor full time and lifting at most twice a week for maintenance. Bench was hovering in low 300s, squat in mid to high 300s. Beginning in February, I stopped working full time and upped my routine in frequency. I also started a creatine supplement in March, which I realize now I overloaded on. I was very happy with my strength and muscle gains, until one day in late March I had a bad squat workout. Legs were wobbly, no explosiveness, and I lacked my usual endurance. I tried some light agility the next day, and had no spring in my step. For about a week I kept trying to push and things got worse. I could not get a pump going, I had no endurance, and my muscles were shrinking up and turning rock hard. Also had stiffness and pain in triceps and just above the knee caps. Now part of the problem I think is that I had been overloading on creatine. I started in early March, and stopped the first week of April. At the time I was drinking about 1.5 gallons of water a day, eating clean, and no alcohol or drugs.

I have been to 3 doctors since the beginning of April and had 4 rounds of bloodwork done. My creatinine was at 1.46 in beginning of April and has steadily dropped down to 1.28. Ck was over 1000 and is now down to 350. The doctors have all pretty much told me they think it is “mild” rhabdo caused by overtraining and creatine overload, and that my kidneys needed a break. They all say to rest and hydrate. I have tried to rest and come back and every time I do the symptoms return (no pump, soreness and pain in knees worsens). I am currently on 16 days of rest, and I feel better overall (my GI system and appetite had both slowed down significantly), but my knees and triceps still feel tight with a dull pain.

So here is my first question. My blood work is almost back to normal, yet my muscles still don’t feel like they’re back to normal and are ready to perform at the level I desire. Based on what I have written, would you concur that this was “mild rhabdo?” and if so, my kidneys seem to have recovered according to the bloodwork, so perhaps it is now just a muscle and tendon/joint issue?
Second question, and the main reason I am here. Would ostarine potentially be able to accelerate the recovery of my apparently overtrained muscles? As I mentioned I have never used PEDs and I am not looking to use them in a long term capacity. I am going back to college in the fall and using my remaining football eligibility . I’ve had a lot of personal problems in the past, and this season means everything to me. I am entirely focused on preparing for the fall season, but unfortunately right now I cannot do that. Basically, I want to know if ostarine would help me recover faster and give me a little kick start to get my gains back and then some. From what I have researched it sounds like it would be a good option.

I would have some more questions about this if it were a good option but really those are my main questions.

Thanks for reading this post.

your doctors are idiots

it is normal for those numbers to be high. when you break down and repair muscle day in and day out from weight training it will give a false positive to those numbers.. it doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with your kidney's.

remember doctors are not athletes and know nothing about weight training

remember doctors are not athletes and know nothing about weight training

Yes good point.

I am unfortunately still having some pain above my knees. But overall I am feeling better and ready to start training hard again. Starting to think maybe it is a little tendonitis

In any case, I have done some research and am very interested in a 4 week cycle of ostarine. As I mentioned, I am looking for two things; help with joint and tendon pain, and also kickstarting my weight room performance so I can train the way I want to. I do have a few questions about it for anyone with experience with ostarine:

1. Would you recommend baseline bloodwork done beforehand?

2. From what I understand, 25 mg is a typical daily dosage. Would you recommend starting at 10 mg and building up to 25?

3. Potential suppression issues. Looks like most people don't report suppression issues. In the case that there are: what would the pct involve?

Lastly, I understand SARMs are still currently legal, but unregulated. Forgive my ignorance, but where would be the best place to get it?

Any other advice appreciated. Don't want to make any rookie mistakes!

Top Bottom