Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Don't forget your Casein Protein before bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

needtogetaas

What is Casein Protein?

Casein protein is the predominant protein found in milk. It makes up about 80% of the protein in cow’s milk, while the remaining 20% of protein in milk is whey protein. Casein protein is extracted from the milk through ultra filtration, without the use of chemicals. This process increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function as well as enhance muscle growth.

Casein protein has an excellent amino acid profile and is primarily known as “bed time protein” because it takes up to 7 hours to be absorbed by the body making it ideal for before bed.

Casein protein is a slow-digesting protein because it forms a “gel” in the gut, which results in a steady release of amino acids into the blood stream over time. Research shows that when you consume casein, you will reach a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis up to seven hours. Whey protein, in comparison, reaches a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis in about 40 minutes and the total release ends in about an hour.

Casein Protein, Buy Casein protein online,
PME FOR DISCOUNT.

Since casein protein slowly enters the blood stream, it has very little impact on protein synthesis. It has a powerful effect, however, in suppressing protein breakdown. In other words, it’s an awesome muscle-sparing protein. This makes it ideal for times of the day where you do not need protein immediately, like before bed or mid afternoon/morning. casein would not be suitable for a post-workout drink.

Muscle growth is dependent on the balance of protein synthesis and protein breakdown. To tip the balance in your favor, you want to increase protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown. You can achieve this by supplementing with whey protein (fast absorption/promotes protein synthesis) and casein protein (slow absorption/suppresses protein breakdown).

To effectively take advantage of whey and casein proteins, you need to use them at the right times of the day. Casein protein is the only protein you should be taking before going to sleep. The reason is because your body needs to be sustained for six to eight hours during your sleep without food. You don’t want your hard-earned muscle being broken down in your sleep, so a protein that is slowly released over time is best. If you took whey protein before going to bed, it would do very little since whey is absorbed and used within an hour.

There are three forms of casein protein:

1. Calcium caseinate
2. Micellar casein
3. Milk protein isolate.

Calcium caseinate is the lowest quality among the three forms and is commonly used as a food ingredient. Micellar casein and the casein in milk protein isolate are identical. While micellar casein is 100% casein, milk protein isolate has both micellar protein and whey.

PM ME FOR A DISCOUNT ON CASEIN PROTEIN PRODUCTS FROM SUPPS KINGDOM. ONE OF THE CHEAPEST STORES AROUND. FREE SHIPPING AND SHAKER CUP WITH EVERY ORDER... PM FOR DISCOUNTS.

OF COURSE WE LIKE STUDIES TO BACK THINGS UP....

Ann Nutr Metab. 2000;44(1):21-9. Links
Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers.
Demling RH, DeSanti L.

Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA. [email protected]

We compare the effects of a moderate hypocaloric, high-protein diet and resistance training, using two different protein supplements, versus hypocaloric diet alone on body compositional changes in overweight police officers. A randomized, prospective 12-week study was performed comparing the changes in body composition produced by three different treatment modalities in three study groups. One group (n = 10) was placed on a nonlipogenic, hypocaloric diet alone (80% of predicted needs). A second group (n = 14) was placed on the hypocaloric diet plus resistance exercise plus a high-protein intake (1.5 g/kg/day) using a casein protein hydrolysate. In the third group (n = 14) treatment was identical to the second, except for the use of a whey protein hydrolysate. We found that weight loss was approximately 2.5 kg in all three groups. Mean percent body fat with diet alone decreased from a baseline of 27 +/- 1.8 to 25 +/- 1.3% at 12 weeks. With diet, exercise and casein the decrease was from 26 +/- 1.7 to 18 +/- 1.1% and with diet, exercise and whey protein the decrease was from 27 +/- 1.6 to 23 +/- 1.3%. The mean fat loss was 2. 5 +/- 0.6, 7.0 +/- 2.1 and 4.2 +/- 0.9 kg in the three groups, respectively. Lean mass gains in the three groups did not change for diet alone, versus gains of 4 +/- 1.4 and 2 +/- 0.7 kg in the casein and whey groups, respectively. Mean increase in strength for chest, shoulder and legs was 59 +/- 9% for casein and 29 +/- 9% for whey, a significant group difference. This significant difference in body composition and strength is likely due to improved nitrogen retention and overall anticatabolic effects caused by the peptide components of the casein hydrolysate. Copyright 2000 S. Karger AG, Basel

PM ME FOR A DISCOUNT ON CASEIN PROTEIN PRODUCTS FROM SUPPS KINGDOM. ONE OF THE CHEAPEST STORES AROUND. FREE SHIPPING AND SHAKER CUP WITH EVERY ORDER... PM FOR DISCOUNTS.

Needto: it's always interesting that casein usually beats whey in PWO or training protocols studies.

It's also interesting that milk beats whey, and whole milk beats skim milk (despite the view by many that fat slows digestion appreciably).

I've also read a study where honey beat dextrose PWO.

I fear that many people have too mcuh confidence in their WMS + whey etc PWO regimens, assume we know far too much on nutrition.

Needto: it's always interesting that casein usually beats whey in PWO or training protocols studies.

It's also interesting that milk beats whey, and whole milk beats skim milk (despite the view by many that fat slows digestion appreciably).

I fear that many people have too mcuh confidence in their WMS + whey etc PWO regimens, assume we know far too much on nutrition.

nice

So should I buy this instead of whey? Or should I get both?

You can either buy it and whey (obviously just use 1/2, 1/2 or something like that) or just put ur whey in milk PWO.

Note unless I'm mistaken - please correct me if I am - the study doesn't say when after the PWO meal was the second meal injested.

Eg, to compare ingesting casein PWO v whey PWO where no meal is consumed for the next 7 hours, u'd not be suprised that casein won.

If WPI was consumed PWO, and then a solid meal 1 hour later, v comparable protocol for casein, the results could differ.

We just don't know.

So personally I am happy to use about 800mls of milk + whey + a banana or 2.

I don't know if I'm meant to link to other boards, so I won't, but note Alan Aragon has said on the subject "milk has substantial insulin-generating ability AND other growth factors. casein allows IGF-1 to maintain its binding capacity & structure whereas IGF-1 would normally undergo significant denaturation by the time it hits the blood. this quality tends to counterbalance & even supercede its slow absorption & processing. whey does not exert these same positive effects on IGF-1 the way casein does, nor does it have the same positive effect on nitrogen retention. there is nothing particularly special about making sure casein doesn't get in the way of whey absorption. in fact, to play devil's advocate, one might better ask why include any whey if it's gonna get in the way of casein . the answer to this is that whey contains, among other things, a significant hit of much needed BCAAs, a uniquely anabolic amino profile, and it also can synergize with milk/casein to hike insulin levels beyond either protein source by itself. chemical teamwork."

Hmm.. Interesting stuff.. Needto posted an article on honey that I just read too.
So I'm thinking this might be a good thing to do, instead of buying powders and supps for everything.
During workout.. Water + Honey.
PWO.. Whole Milk + Honey + WPI.

Thoughts?

Hmm.. Interesting stuff.. Needto posted an article on honey that I just read too.
So I'm thinking this might be a good thing to do, instead of buying powders and supps for everything.

Thoughts?

I'm sure it be fine. Milk itself contains more sugar than protein.

Having said that - I am assuming your bulking - a weights session is unlikely to burn more than 100 carbs per hour, your body can store up to 500, so personally I just opt for pre/post workout carbs, don't really see need to take intra-workout carbs, unless perhaps ur doing a marathon squat session.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the land of milk and honey

I'm sure it be fine. Milk itself contains more sugar than protein.

Having said that - I am assuming your bulking - a weights session is unlikely to burn more than 100 carbs per hour, your body can store up to 500, so personally I just opt for pre/post workout carbs, don't really see need to take intra-workout carbs, unless perhaps ur doing a marathon squat session.

Nope, not bulking. Just trying to maintain muscle mass as best I can while dropping weight. I do cardio after lifting, and I do cardio on my off days. So I want to make sure my muscles are good and fed.

Top Bottom