Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wearing a belt to weight training?

JUulian

Over the past 6 months I've increase how much weight I'm doing on my lifts specifically my squats and deadlifts. I see guys in my gym which is pretty hardcore using belts and I'm the only one without one so I feel kind of naked. What kind of belt do I need to look for and how much do you think I need to spend for a good one?

I dont use belts, I hurt my back squatting with belts really badly

I have worn belts on certain lifts, but you should never wear them 95% of the time

Very true. By way of example, from my training log on Evo I've been doing the Hatfield Squat (you hold the frame and half pull yourself up as well as squat with a Safety Squat Bar). 1st - bar only - no belt. 60kg - nothing. 140kg - nothing. 220kg support belt only (the elastic kind) and then the top set (last Monday was 340kg/748lbs x 1 rep - a PB) with a lever style power belt on top.

So literally my last top set only with a proper belt on and nigh on 500lbs with just the elastic kind on

The ONLY time it's not is when you're training the waist. It's old bodybuilding trick where you pull in the waist and hold it there (as in not against the belt) as a way of keeping the waist small.

Top Bottom