Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My psychiatrist abandoned me as a patient because I hurt his feelings, WTF?

gorillahung

So I've been seeing psych doctors for 25 years. I have severe panic attacks and on and off depression. I've taken over 20 antidepressant drugs during this time. At best, the drugs did nothing. At worst they caused unbearable side effects. I had taken four different SSRI class drugs and they did not help and caused horrible side effects. They also caused bad withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking them. Lately I've been tapering down my dose of Paxil to quit. I was having withdrawal problems when I saw my shrink on Thursday. He wanted me to replace the Paxil with Brintellix (which is another SSRI). I refused to take another SSRI and I told him that serotonin was not the cause of my depression. My life situation is the cause of my depression. I then showed him articles from some medical journals where they performed studies that did not indicate that depressed people had abnormal serotonin levels. He then babbled on about his 10 years of medical school and that there were thousands of peer reviewed articles proving that low serotonin was the cause of depression. He said he was insulted and I hurt his feelings. Then he said he was severing ties with me as a patient. Is that legitimate grounds to abandon a patient? I know every state has different laws regarding when a doctor can abandon patients. Once they accept you as a patient they have a legal obligation to treat you except in certain cases. I don't know if refusing to take an SSRI and hurting the doctors feelings is grounds to dismiss a patient. What do you think?

So I've been seeing psych doctors for 25 years. I have severe panic attacks and on and off depression. I've taken over 20 antidepressant drugs during this time. At best, the drugs did nothing. At worst they caused unbearable side effects. I had taken four different SSRI class drugs and they did not help and caused horrible side effects. They also caused bad withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking them. Lately I've been tapering down my dose of Paxil to quit. I was having withdrawal problems when I saw my shrink on Thursday. He wanted me to replace the Paxil with Brintellix (which is another SSRI). I refused to take another SSRI and I told him that serotonin was not the cause of my depression. My life situation is the cause of my depression. I then showed him articles from some medical journals where they performed studies that did not indicate that depressed people had abnormal serotonin levels. He then babbled on about his 10 years of medical school and that there were thousands of peer reviewed articles proving that low serotonin was the cause of depression. He said he was insulted and I hurt his feelings. Then he said he was severing ties with me as a patient. Is that legitimate grounds to abandon a patient? I know every state has different laws regarding when a doctor can abandon patients. Once they accept you as a patient they have a legal obligation to treat you except in certain cases. I don't know if refusing to take an SSRI and hurting the doctors feelings is grounds to dismiss a patient. What do you think?

I can tell you why you're depressed. It's obvious from your post that you are gay and have repressed feelings. You need to get a cock in your mouth. It may feel weird at first. Thats ok. That is your unconscious subconscious mind rejecting the true reality of concious subconscious mind. A lot of my patients present themselves with similiar symptoms as you describe, and all of them have been cured by simply eating dick. It will be liberating for you and i wish you all the best.

I don't think therapy is helping. But you know that already. Answered all of your own questions. You're billable, though. Not sure if ever has a psych patient been "cured". Sounds like situational depression. Do you have friends? Or some support system? 20 years of anything can burn people out. Whenever people say they have depression, I think of Droopy. And I laugh! He had depression. You need to improve your situation. It's that easy.

Psychiatrists' bread and butter is medication. If you go in and tell him his whole medical practice is bunk, his ego probably isn't going to handle it well. I can't comment on the the rules where you live but he should refer you elsewhere as a matter of good practice. I don't actually disagree with you and I think meds are way way way overused in North American society. If they've never helped, maybe you need to trade out the psychiatrist for a psychologist and get some new strategies?? If meds don't touch the issue, it's most likely not biological and needs a different approach. imho

Can you just poast up a picture of your gaping vagina already?

who funds most of these studies? pharma....

anyways I think deep deep down he knows maybe your right (or that hes wrong) and that would shatter his reality if he was hurting people he was so sure he was helping...

find a new doc, get off the pills, try cognitive therapy and meditation/reflection and ofcourse keep eye on life situations.

good luck

who funds most of these studies? pharma....

anyways I think deep deep down he knows maybe your right (or that hes wrong) and that would shatter his reality if he was hurting people he was so sure he was helping...

find a new doc, get off the pills, try cognitive therapy and meditation/reflection and ofcourse keep eye on life situations.

good luck

Did you know that the DSM-V is being soundly rejected by many practitioners because of the extreme influence pharmaceutical companies had over the content of the manual?

Top Bottom