Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should steroid users eat more protein / lb?

LowTier_Saiyan

Since steroids enhance protein synthesis, are steroid users able to digest and use more than 1g of protein / lb of body weight?

I'm very familiar with diets followed by natural athletes, but I'm not sure if a steroid user should do the same, but increase his or her calories
(what would be the macros ratio?)

In general I need to increase my calories overall on a bulk cycle and I do indeed skew my protein intake higher. What your need is turn out to be are going to be highly individual based on your body's metabolism and your goals. Just like your natural diet, it will require dialing in on different types of cycles as well.

Although you often times hear bodybuilders recommending to eat a ton of protein this is actually not the case when aas come into play.
In fact aas improve your body's nitrogen efficiency, meaning that your body is more efficient in utilizing that protein your ingesting. So it's actually pretty much the opposite.

Last edited:
In general I need to increase my calories overall on a bulk cycle and I do indeed skew my protein intake higher. What your need is turn out to be are going to be highly individual based on your body's metabolism and your goals. Just like your natural diet, it will require dialing in on different types of cycles as well.

Nice, I'll practice by increasing proteins and fats. I can only justify over eating if I'm growing and looking good.

Although you often times hear bodybuilders recommending to eat a ton of protein this is actually not the case when aas come into play.
In fact aas improve your body's nitrogen efficiency, meaning that your body is more efficient in utilizing that protein your ingesting. So it's actually pretty much the opposite.

Yes, so know it should be more efficient at using the macros you're used to consume than before without having to be increased. I'm still reading how much growth I'm supposed to expect before it's considered fat. Increasing up to 2 lb / month as a natural. I always thought going faster was fat for naturals past the beginner phase.

Since steroids enhance protein synthesis, are steroid users able to digest and use more than 1g of protein / lb of body weight?

I'm very familiar with diets followed by natural athletes, but I'm not sure if a steroid user should do the same, but increase his or her calories

First it needs to be clear that just using steroids doesn't mean you need more protein. Roids can be taken to aid in losing weight, building strength AND making muscle.

A simple answer is that, for the most part, roids increase protein synthesis. But that merely means it might better utilize what you're already consuming.

no because that is plenty already

americans eat plenty of protein. if you live in a poor country where food is scarce then it is different

I disagree, it partions nutrients way better when on steroids, therefore your body is able to use up more protein, carbs and fats towards muscle growth than it would while your off .

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

It depends on the scenario and letson but generally speaking your nitrogen retention and protein synthesis is higher on cycle....yes

Wow, thanks for all the feedback!
My BMR + with workout sessions added in, is 2,500 calories to maintain weight.
I was thinking about the times I used to bulk as a natural and was thinking about doing the same, except that the biggest difference would be the addition of PEDs. I don't want to justify overeating like a pig if it's not making me gain muscle mass.

Plus, our mind is more powerful than our eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if I (or anyone in the past), starts devouring food mindlessly on cycle, looks at the mirror, and lies to himself thinking he's getting big (but goes past acceptable body fat).

It depends on the scenario and letson but generally speaking your nitrogen retention and protein synthesis is higher on cycle....yes

Everything else would be need to be tightly controlled and even then it's not like it's 10% better. As In I take 250g off and 275g on etc etc

Top Bottom