Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
Does it matter?

Yes bro. When squating and pulling you should be pushing through your heels. This is where all your power is generated from. If you are in soft heeled shoes (airmax, Nike shox) you are losing all of this power as the heel caves. Try one squat session in soft heeled shoes and another in flat hard soled shoes and you will notice a huge difference.

Yes bro. When squating and pulling you should be pushing through your heels. This is where all your power is generated from. If you are in soft heeled shoes (airmax, Nike shox) you are losing all of this power as the heel caves. Try one squat session in soft heeled shoes and another in flat hard soled shoes and you will notice a huge difference.

I don't do cardio in the gym now, so I am always wearing flat stable trainers, however, even though I remind my training buddy 'leg day, wear flat shoes', he sometimes forgets.

I can see the instability, his heels shifting from one side to the other at odd angles for squats, and that soft heel shifting travels up his shins to his knees during leg press.

It really is a bit dodgy, and personally, one thing that really screams 'I don't have the foggiest how to train' is seeing some lad squat in Nike Shox.

that's just me. I hate my feet all schmooshed in shoes. I just feel I have more control in flips.
But if I were squatting heavy, I may feel less stable and would go bare or in runners.

Flip flops so hot...do you wear a thong as well..When squatting?muaaaaaaa

I don't do cardio in the gym now, so I am always wearing flat stable trainers, however, even though I remind my training buddy 'leg day, wear flat shoes', he sometimes forgets.

I can see the instability, his heels shifting from one side to the other at odd angles for squats, and that soft heel shifting travels up his shins to his knees during leg press.

It really is a bit dodgy, and personally, one thing that really screams 'I don't have the foggiest how to train' is seeing some lad squat in Nike Shox.

I see a lot of people in shox/airmax training legs and I just shake my head. As simple as it sounds proper foot wear can really make a difference in your performance and overall leg development.

er....yes it does, actually. and considering you bench more than you squat, i would have thought you would take notice of this topic lol

Wasn't being a smartass, was just wondering... :)

Plus, I am now squatting as much as I bench = 405 lbs :D

Hmm...I used to squat barefoot back home...that's how most dudes did it in my gym

Top Bottom