Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

feedback on routine, any advice greatly appreciated!

isolation workouts don't build muscle mass like compound lifts. go big and go heavy and the body will react positively.

Who the fuck says isolation dont build muscle mass, if you want to bodybuild you need isolation exercise, compound lifts are great for adding mass, that doesnt mean isolation exercises are not important.. For this new guy, compound lifts are better for a few month, but after a year, when he knows his body he can start doing isolation exercise to build his physiqe, i do most isolation exercise for arms and i have the best set of arms, isolo do heavy row, pulldown too but isolation is a must for getting bigger.. For advanced lifter, high volume low rest works the best..

The comment wasn't that isolation doesn't build mass but that it doesn't build mass as well as compound lifts. So where is the problem in what was said? Not to mention being a dick to a mod is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

I'll say it then. Isolation exercises are not important. Sure, they have their benefits, but if trainees in general stopped fucking around with isolation movements so much, everyone would be bigger, stronger and much more awesome. And I don't think the original poster mentioned that he wanted to be a bodybuilder soooo...

But I do understand your love for biceps iron warrior...after all biceps are to bodybuilders what the back is to weight lifters...

Who the fuck says isolation dont build muscle mass, if you want to bodybuild you need isolation exercise..

oh boy.

go back up and read the workout style I listed for him. it involves compounds lifts AND isolation.

the OP said he doesn't like to do compound lifts, only isolation. and I said that isn't gonna build muscle mass. if you seriously believe that you will build big and strong legs doing leg curls all day vs. doing deadlifts and squats then you must be out of your mind.

you have a pattern of posts where you are a general hothead with people, tone it down. this isn't the marines and you aren't our drill sargent. so respect others, we aren't like other boards that let people be jerks to each other

No problem, I appreciate all feedback.

If that is the case, I'll do the SL 5 x 5. It just seems like I'll be in and out in a half hour, which I don't want. But if it is the best option, trust me, I'll do it. You and the others here know more than me so I'll happily follow the best advice no matter what.

Could I switch between A and B on that workout Monday, Wed., Fri. and Sun? I'd prefer that to M,W,F only, but if it really is best to only do it 3 x a week then I'll do it.

Thanks!

Just so you do it like this,
Workday
Restday
Workday
Restday
Workday
Restday
Restday
Repeat
The days of the week dont matter bro just so you get this pattern.

Ok. Thanks!

A couple final questions:

So I need to do 1 set of deadlifts, that is all?

Does the bench press have to be with the barbell? I prefer dumbbells, in addition because I can push hard on final reps even if I can't complete them. I have no spotter on the bench press where I lift so it will be tougher to squeeze out final reps. If I absolutely should use a barbell then I'll do my best to find a spotter each time.

Thanks!

bench press with an olympic bar. find a spotter, ask someone. don't say you will do your best to find one, anybody at the gym is happy to spot a fellow lifter.

5 sets of deadlifts is good enough to start your leg day off right. (warmup of course!!)

by your questions I can tell you are new, well I can assure you if you set up a training split, and do as I've told you above, then you will improve very rapidly. you have to workout hardcore though and push your body to improve. cannot go in there with light weight and expect your body to react. cannot do 1 set of deadlifts, or do just dumbells.. gotta take things to another level

also continue to read and research, there are countless threads to sift through for information and advices

Ok, will use olympic bar. I asked about the deadlifts b/c it says 1 x 5 on the sl 5 x 5 page.

A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench Press 5 x 5
Barbell Row 5 x 5

B
Squat 5 x 5
Overhead Press 5 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5

Top Bottom