Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important is protein?

sdTrig

I know when we work out our muscles get sore and protein helps rebuild them bigger. But let's say I was to eat protein at only half a gram per pound of body weight versus eating at 2 grams per body pound. Would I grow that much stronger by eating more protein or is that just broscience

It's no broscience, its fact the more protein you eat the more you grow, no need to have too low protein at last 1gram/lb of bodyweight

you stimulate muscles by putting stress on them

you grow by sleeping

the rest of it is genetics.

once you learn this then you will have way more success in this game

as far as protein, of course you need it. but we know from the actual studies that a weight lifter only needs to average .6g per pound of bw per day. so it isn't even close to as much as the bros want you to believe. you also need proper nutrition across the board to get the very best results

nobody in America lacks protein in their diet, we get plenty to grow muscle. we aren't in a poor Asian or African country where people have little food. what americans lack though is proper vitamins and minerals and they frankly over eat. this is why even in the gym which is supposed to have the healthiest people you still see dudes with guts

I know when we work out our muscles get sore and protein helps rebuild them bigger. But let's say I was to eat protein at only half a gram per pound of body weight versus eating at 2 grams per body pound. Would I grow that much stronger by eating more protein or is that just broscience

bro you grow muscle by lifting and causing tension

Give it a try and find out.

Yes, protein is important but most people are overeating vs under eating protein. If you are getting 1g per lb body weight, that is more than enough for muscle growth.

you stimulate muscles by putting stress on them

you grow by sleeping

the rest of it is genetics.

once you learn this then you will have way more success in this game

as far as protein, of course you need it. but we know from the actual studies that a weight lifter only needs to average .6g per pound of bw per day. so it isn't even close to as much as the bros want you to believe. you also need proper nutrition across the board to get the very best results

nobody in America lacks protein in their diet, we get plenty to grow muscle. we aren't in a poor Asian or African country where people have little food. what americans lack though is proper vitamins and minerals and they frankly over eat. this is why even in the gym which is supposed to have the healthiest people you still see dudes with guts

Hypertrophy needs more than 0.6g protein per pound of body weight. The literature ranges from 0.9-1.5g per lb BW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypertrophy needs more than 0.6g protein per pound of body weight. The literature ranges from 0.9-1.5g per lb BW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you must be looking at the junk science that supp companies put out to blackmail you into drinking protein shakes, not your fault, this started in the 80's with Joe weider who owned the fart powder industry and also magazines. he would put out phony info in his magazines telling guys they need so and so protein to build muscle. 500g, 600g etc. think about how absurd it is that the guy who owned the protein powder industry was also the guy who owned bodybuilding magazines. it is a monopoly and of course he gets to put out any info he wants with zero pushback, and anyone who did pushback against him was quickly slapped down as a non meat eating pussy during a time where 'being tough' meant you eat lots of red meat. it is all marketing brother and today we have science and study to prove or disprove bro science so you can't get away with it. back then guys relied on bro science at the gym or magazines for their info. so of course nutrition knowledge was going to be off.

i remember in the 90's and 2000's on forums if you posted you were 'only' getting 300g of protein a day for a 200 pound guy you got flamed for it. had you posted you need even 1g per bw back in 1999 on forums i guarantee you would have had 10 permabulkers flaming you lol. it just isn't true at all and we have enough actual real science and anecdotal evidence saying it isn't true.

here is one study

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29497353/

our bodies do not need to get a minimum amount of protein everyday, imagine if that was true humans would have went exctinct many years ago. now when it comes to weight training yes you need more, but nothing like what the 80's magazines want you to believe. you will be perfectly fine getting .6g per bw in pounds. this means a 200 pound guy can get 120g a day and that is more than ample. weightlifters in asia and the middle east eat way less meat than americans (they don't have multi trillion dollar chicken and cattle industries) yet magically they are destroying everyone at bodybuilding the past few years. so protein is highly overrated in bodybuilding

its about training, genetics, mental aspect, sleep and proper nutrition and obviously drug warfare.

remember also the more food you eat the less your body will absorb. that is how this works. big meathead bodybuilders who are older have major gut issues for that reason. 'leaky gut' is a term many heard about and that is exactly what it is literally. you won't be able to absorb vitamins and minerals anymore and you won't be able to produce hormones anymore. you need those to produce test! these are the same guys who hop on TRT at 35. so 'being tough' isn't about eating tons of meat and protein, it is about having a strong gut. i would rather you eat 100g of protein a day and absorb well then eat 500g and absorb poorly

Last edited:
Top Bottom