Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yet another 5x5 routine question

Bridger

I know substituting exercises, etc is not good in the program. However i have an injury that was caused and is aggravated whenever i perform deadlift. My chiro called it a cervico thoracic sprain, basically my rib joint in my back pops out when i do deads no matter the weight.

Is there anything i can use in place of a deadlift for this style of training?

I would go for a second opinion with another chiropractor... can you do bent-over rows?

I would go for a second opinion with another chiropractor... can you do bent-over rows?

Yes i can do bent over rows no problem. and shrugs too. It just seems the angle of my arms when doing deads with any sort of working weight pulls at my back just right.

What about dumbell deadlifts?

havent tried those...

But i tried doing deads with just the BB and a mixed grip, underhand on the injured side. Real slow, paying a lot of attention to form. no problem. added 5,10, and finally 15lbs to each side and haven't had any issues yet.

So hopefully this sticks and i can be patient and keep strict form and not add weight too fast.

Top Bottom