Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

peejae

I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

I'm a prefect example, I get 300+grams of protein and about 200 of that is whey, gains are maximized, and if they weren't I have the genetics of Ronnie Coleman.

yes. as to the difference between primarily whole foods and shakes....it varies. really depends on individual. some people cant tolerate a lot of higher protein solids, other people are not really good at digesting lots of whey or other "powder" source proteins...

there are benefits to both, though again who benefits more from what will vary.

I have a lot of whey/oat shakes a day and have seen good gains, a lot of people slam not eating solid protein sources but from my own experices results speak for themselfs and shakes work for me.

well my diet consists of 270 g protein right now and 150 g comes from WHEY .

My next diet will have 360 g protein and 200 g coming from whey .

I like the results .

Victor

Whey protein is absorbed too quickly as well and you'd nearly need to drink it every 45 minutes. Obviously adding a fat and carb source will help slow digestion but i personally use blended proteins that have Micellar, Caseinate, Egg,etc. to give me sustained protein synthesis. I've always been told that whole foods are better than powders and for cutting that is exactly the case. You stay full longer and get phytonutrients and fiber from your food sources. MRP's have there place in my diet but not a mainstay.

whey is just a waste of space in your stomach where food could be.... i get far better results taking in 300 grams protein all food then 150 food/ 150 whey... it has no place in my book

Top Bottom