Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heart Rate Monitor

sbt2082

Plat Hero
Platinum
Hey! I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a heart rate monitor??? I've been looking to get one but not sure what the difference is really in all the brands (I've never had one :rolleyes: )

Currently I like the Polar F-6
g_polar_f6_pink.jpg

Open for any thoughts or suggestions of course ;) Thanks ladies!

ugh. i had to wear one of those a few times. but it was the one with the sticky snap on things to record my palpitations. how accurate do you think that is?

I am in LOVE with the 625X...The Polar S625X is like having a performance lab with you on every workout. All the heart rate, running and cycling data you will ever need is available right on your wrist. The S625X delivers continuous running speed without relying on where satellites are positioned. With the optional cycling and power sensors and enhanced training tools like the Polar OwnOptimizer™ recovery test, plus altitude and ascent for route profile, the S625X lets you cross train and put the power of information to work for you.

http://www.polarusa.com/Products/Consumer/S625X.asp

Yesterday for example I did the OP test after 4 days training and it came back with the tr effect, I had two choices either train hard that day and then recover well, or rest yesterday and train medium intensity today...
I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!It reads heart rate in actual beats or in %, so you knw if YOU are working at right % or just fooling yourself...myself whatever...
Duckie IT IS worth it!

I've had a Polar twice....Liked them both.....tho I seem to wear them out - the strap gets stretched out and the battery dies, etc....

jenscats5 said:
I've had a Polar twice....Liked them both.....tho I seem to wear them out - the strap gets stretched out and the battery dies, etc....
^^ my straps both stopped picking up the HR & batt died & screen frozen ... The scrren looks like a foreign language now when I still use the timer, that works. I have no luck with HR monitors but I would buy another one.

You should just use the cal tracking on the machines you use ....

:FRlol:
I compared THAT with the HR monitor & WOW were they WAY off at my gym(s) ... (Yes I know how they come up with those machine cals burned, HR etc.. just funny to see in inaccuracy. If they are Polar HR ready & can pick up your readings from your strap, that can also give you a better reading)

:)

I want one now, thanks :)

*Bunny* said:
^^ my straps both stopped picking up the HR & batt died & screen frozen ... The scrren looks like a foreign language now when I still use the timer, that works. I have no luck with HR monitors but I would buy another one.

You should just use the cal tracking on the machines you use ....

:FRlol:
I compared THAT with the HR monitor & WOW were they WAY off at my gym(s) ... (Yes I know how they come up with those machine cals burned, HR etc.. just funny to see in inaccuracy. If they are Polar HR ready & can pick up your readings from your strap, that can also give you a better reading)

:)

I want one now, thanks :)

;) You're welcome :lmao:

I usually do use those machines, but I also know how unaccurate they are too so thats why I thought about a heart rate monitor :rolleyes: PLus my friend told me about that cute little pink one yesterday lol... and her suggestion was just stick with a Polar so thats why I was inquiring... it does have a 2 year warranty at least :)

sbt2082 said:
;) You're welcome :lmao:

I usually do use those machines, but I also know how unaccurate they are too so thats why I thought about a heart rate monitor :rolleyes: PLus my friend told me about that cute little pink one yesterday lol... and her suggestion was just stick with a Polar so thats why I was inquiring... it does have a 2 year warranty at least :)
Yup. I was too lazy to send it in to polar to be fixed, since the stores won't value it after 10 days since the date it was purchased. For $200+ IMO those things should not freeze, wearout, have screen issues etc within the first 6 months. It's not the 1st polar Ive had issues with so ...

Enjoy your purchase :)

dUCKIE DID YOU BUY O POLAR AFTER ALL? i have an extra one. An m series for two users! It has never ever given me a problem. I did buy another starp, but those are not expensive.
http://www.polarusa.com/Products/Consumer/M32.asp
Oh and it originally came with a silverish carcass and It was scratched so I sent it to polar, and had it replaced with black so I had a "new" watch for $10.00 usd.
If you want it I can fed ex it....
Or did you try E bay? :heart:

florencia said:
dUCKIE DID YOU BUY O POLAR AFTER ALL? i have an extra one. An m series for two users! It has never ever given me a problem. I did buy another starp, but those are not expensive.
http://www.polarusa.com/Products/Consumer/M32.asp
Oh and it originally came with a silverish carcass and It was scratched so I sent it to polar, and had it replaced with black so I had a "new" watch for $10.00 usd.
If you want it I can fed ex it....
Or did you try E bay? :heart:
Nope I never got one :( Couldn't bring myself to buy one and didn't see any good ones on Ebay.........
If you did that for me I'd love you ;) How much you want for it? Got any pics?

sbt2082 said:
Nope I never got one :( Couldn't bring myself to buy one and didn't see any good ones on Ebay.........
If you did that for me I'd love you ;) How much you want for it? Got any pics?
I do not know if I'd sell it I would feel bad! I will take a pic tomorrow OK?

Top Bottom