Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I avoid a Stroke...? Let me count the ways.... ?

Title: How do you avoid a stroke? let me count the ways? (or you can count them) *by adding to this thread 1 or more ideas on how to prevent one from happening. Like for example you may write, stretch each day or drink 2 gallons of water a day?
or 1 of you members might write, super limit your intake of table salt to ____ per day

or another of you might chime in "meditate. limit any watching of stressful national news, etc."

Background: I started freaking out 30 minutes ago about seeing a little " S " vein in my thigh more pronounced--even though I Pin my pecs and never my thighs nor my delts nor my glutes; after a cursory google research, not too worry too much about it. But then started thinking about Ed Corney, the pro bodybuilder who ended up in a wheelchair because of a stroke, so I'm trying to be helpful

But you may note: Covid-19 has lots of incidences when the 1st and only symptom is a stroke, God forbid it turns into a lethal stroke (death).

Now the window of getting help after you notice some of the tell-tale signs of a stroke are narrow- a few hours

this brings me to an important point: some of the signs of a stroke are slurred speech, and lack of muscle control.... *some of us warriors are living alone, with no one else to talk with daily during the pandemic.... so it might be advisable to say a sentence each day several times a day to see / monitor how our speech is... do we stutter stammer or slur?

if we are dizzy in conjunction with that, it probably would be highly recommended to call 9-11....and say hey I think I'm having a stroke, they will take you seriously now and won't tell you hey you're overreacting

1) low dose aspirin 81 mgs per day. If you can't make a doctor's appt it seems, take it anyway; aan older dude in his mid 70s recommend I just take it. Drs. are too busy right now, it seems. I'm 49 years old never had a stroke nor a heart attack.

Here are 2 links, as a background or starting point; the 1st one is from Harvard Univ.'s on-line periodical on how to avoid one. The 2nd one, on the covid-19 disease being the most strokey (thrombatic) disease ever seen in history.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/8-things-you-can-do-to-prevent-a-stroke

#2:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/covid-19-blood-clots_n_5ecd7b19c5b6e90d24b2d476

I hope you be safe and be a warrior against this scourge. Focus on what you want: a stroke free life instead of fearing the stroke from happening. Because like the inpsirational docuemntary the Secret mentions...what we focus on, grows. What we devote attention to, is what we attract into our lives.

again, must mention the disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor.

Thank you for your time and anything positive you might add to this thread ...
Take care and feel free to add to this.

Give blood, dump some extra RBC and save someone else's life. Win win.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Give blood, dump some extra RBC and save someone else's life. Win win.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

yes, that might be a good idea. Along with donating plasma, maybe:....
Those who donate plasma, for example, are constantly getting their vitals checked (b.p.) pulse rate, thumb oxygenation thingy. also they are getting rid of too much of the blood plasma too? but actually donating blood is more helpful. Per 1 nurse, that's 1 reason women outlive men, they menstruate each month, they are losing blood / rbc (red blood cell count) goes down each month.

Not to freak people out, but there can be other symptoms besides the ones listed in FAST. When my mother had her first one, she seemed perfectly normal and didn't present with any of those four symptoms, but then would start saying the same two words over and over in a befuddled tone of voice after answering any questions.

how about follow what people in the blue zones do and not what American do?

people in the blue zones have near 0 heart issues. americans it has become NORMAL to have heart problems. and no you cannot exercise your way out of it, plenty of people who exercise their balls off have heart issues

we are going to get into this on the next podcast. there is a list of things

there are common denominators to what these people do in their lives and what they eat.

1. strong family and community. if someone is having a tough time for whatever reason everyone rallies to help them, nobody is ever left behind like we do it in the USA.
2. Natural and organic Diets rich in vegetables and whole grains. some blue zones have fruit heavy diets too. little meat or dairy and any of it is naturally derived on small farms, not abused cows like in the US corporate owned farms.
3. No smoking, no alcohol, no drug use including rx drugs
4. lots of Fasting. in Ikaria they spend half the year's days fasting, in other spots they fast routinely once a week or a few times per month. they do not eat every 2-3 hours like we do in the USA. you can read more about fasting in my guide in my signature below by clicking the link https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7
5. Low stress. They do not live beyond their means or take on jobs that stress themselves like we do in the USA
6. meditation, martial arts and yoga. they practice this daily
7. sleep habits: they go to sleep early and wake up early, no staying up till 2am partying like we do in the USA. it is unheard of in those communities even keeping a store open past sunset. they also routinely take naps
8. Laughter and happiness: They are happy and smiling all the time, nothing gets them down or angry.
9. Sunshine: All the blue zone places are close to the same latitude line so they get plenty of sunshine and sun year round.
10. Gardening: they grow things instead of killing animals and each other

think about the list above and how many of these 10 you follow. imagine if you can nail these 10 things at how much better you will feel and the results you will get in this game we love. I can say that as i've gotten older i check mark more and more things on this list. my goal is to be 10 for 10

people in the blue zones have near 0 heart issues. americans it has become NORMAL to have heart problems. and no you cannot exercise your way out of it, plenty of people who exercise their balls off have heart issues

there are common denominators to what these people do in their lives and what they eat.

1. strong family and community. if someone is having a tough time for whatever reason everyone rallies to help them, nobody is ever left behind like we do it in the USA.
2. Natural and organic Diets rich in vegetables and whole grains. some bluezones have fruit heavy diets too. little meat or dairy and any of it is naturally derived on small farms, not abused cows like in the US corporate owned farms.
4. lots of Fasting. in Ikaria they spend half the year's days fasting, in other spots they fast routinely once a week or a few times per month. they do not eat every 2-3 hours like we do in the USA. you can read more about fasting in my guide in my signature below by clicking the link https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7
5. Low stress. They do not live beyond their means or take on jobs that stress themselves like we do in the USA
7. sleep habits: they go to sleep early and wake up early, no staying up till 2am partying like we do in the USA. it is unheard of in those communities even keeping a store open past sunset. they also routinely take naps
8. Laughter and happiness: They are happy and smiling all the time, nothing gets them down or angry.
9. Sunshine: All the blue zone places are close to the same latitude line so they get plenty of sunshine and sun year round.

think about the list above and how many of these 10 you follow. imagine if you can nail these 10 things at how much better you will feel and the results you will get in this game we love. I can say that as i've gotten older i check mark more and more things on this list. my goal is to be 10 for 10
This is good info. Thanks. I would think blood work regular bloodwork is also very important, too. I forgot to add that.

Not to freak people out, but there can be other symptoms besides the ones listed in FAST. When my mother had her first one, she seemed perfectly normal and didn't present with any of those four symptoms, but then would start saying the same two words over and over in a befuddled tone of voice after answering any questions.

Thank you for adding that. This may be an area, because of the narrow window of when the E.R. can cure a stroke by putting stints into the circulatory system within a few hours, that it may be best to ERR on the Side of OverCaution

2. Natural and organic Diets rich in vegetables and whole grains. some blue zones have fruit heavy diets too. little meat or dairy and any of it is naturally derived on small farms, not abused cows like in the US corporate owned farms.

One of the best explanation, thank God I have 8 of 10 hopefully by God's grace and will I will do my best to nail these 10 things. Thanks Steve you did show me another rout

Top Bottom