Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gaining without gaining fat??

swaptrex

i am 19 years old, 6' 3", 185lbs, and started weight training a few months ago, i have had decent gains, but have also gained some bodyfat...an unknown parcentage. i want to start using creatine soon and don't want to lose the muscle i have gained already, how would i go about loosing this bf before the dreaded winter months?? i sometimes do cardio, but not regularly. i do not want to lose any muscle.

You're the same age as I am, and my suggestion to you is to not worry so much about gaining bodyfat and be more concerned over gaining lbm as you are in peak condition in terms of natural test levels. Take advantage of that. Try to not exceed 2 pounds a week when gaining weight...if you find yourself rising on the scale too fast, you're eating too much, so cut back a bit then reevaluate your progress next week and continue to adjust accordingly until you get it right. I'm going to assume that you have a really fast metabolism based on the fact that you are tall and relatively light for your height, thus, you're really gonna have to scar that food down. BUT, make sure its quality food. Wholesome stuff. Tons of lean proteins and lots of good carbs (ones with lots of fibre too). Dont worry about cardio if you are wanting to gain muscle, just worry about the weights. If and when you ever decide to cut, add cardio to your training regime if you feel its necessary.

Make sure what you are eating is good and make sure your training is, at the very least, adequate. In fact, I recommend you checking out the 5x5 training program thats in the training forum...that thing is hotter than pokemon was in 1999.

cool, thanks for the tips...it is so hard not to do cardio in the fear of getting fat. what are some clean protein filled foods?

swaptrex said:
cool, thanks for the tips...it is so hard not to do cardio in the fear of getting fat. what are some clean protein filled foods?

Chicken breast
salmon
tuna
eggs (whites)
whey
milk
lean beef (ground beef or steaks)

thats pretty much what I eat, I dont eat pork or fatty meats. Also try to stay away from processed meat, that shit that you would find on a subway sub is garbage.

Yeah, eat lots of all natural peanut butter.

In terms of carbs, keep it to green veg, or atleast thats what I do. For heavier carbs, eat whole wheat bread (the good kind thats relatively expensive), oats, brown rice, whole wheat pasta. Lots of goodies to try out.

To make your food more interesting, try out splenda for sweetner (if you need to sweeten your foods), I like salsa on my tuna, balsamic vinegrette...really as long as its relatively healthy and you dont over it, it wont kill you.

Unless your training for a competition, I really wouldnt worry about being picture perfect about this. That doesnt mean you can slack off, but, dont be come really obsessed with your diet and let it take over your life trying to master it. If you make a mistake with it once and while and eat a chocolate bar cause you felt like it, big deal, you'll survive, dont sweat the small stuff...just dont make habits of small stuff like that or else it becomes big.

Got it?

Lots of other great posts to check out on here, so read around and I'm sure you educate yourself to a greater degree. Training is key to, and like I said, check it out.

Top Bottom