Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Milk Protein Concentrate or Soy Protein Isolate???

Are you male or female?

...how old are you?

... what time of day are you drinking the shake?

Are you a BB, athlete, or what?

I am male, 24...
I lift 4 times a week, run 3 times
I am tryin to add additional protein, but have heard mixed reviews of soy and its estrogenic effects, anyway, any other opinions on which to choose?

yes, soy does have estrogenic effects, but whey has estrogen in it as well from the dairy cows. 6 in one hand.....................
soy is fine.

dude just add whey....screw milk isolates unless you want a delayed effect of maybe an extra hour to two. BUt more frequent suppilments of higher absorbed protein is better anyway. Just more incovenient. SOY SUCKS ASS! if your trying to build muscle maybe when your like 30 use some saw haha. If your worried about estrogen use something like Dim+ that will weaken the effects of certain estrogens.

i'd go with the milk protein for before bed and throughout the day due to it's delayed digestion. and i'd go with milk isolate instead of milk concentrate if you can.

for first thing in the morning and post workout i'd stick to just whey.

not really sure about soy, never used the powder. i just avoid it until the whole estrogenic deal is figured out. from what i've gathered though i don't think it's as bad as originally thought.

it is a good idea to mix up the protein sources to get a better overall amino acid profile.

Top Bottom