Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I superset?

siggma

I was thinking of supersetting my workout, what do you guys think?

this is what i plan to do:
im going to do 3 week shifts of 3x15, and 4x10 unless otherwise noted.
i plan to rest 2 min in between each set for both and 5 min between exercises

Mon
chest: db bench + db incline.
shoulder: db shoulder press + lateral raises
triceps: dips
sprints 4 laps around 1/7 mile track with 1 min rest. then 3 laps to finish off

Tues
back: pull-ups + barbell rows (ill do the barbell rows first and then do as many pullup as i can for each set)
bicep: hammer curls
legs: squats, calve raises (no superset)

Wed- off

Thurs
chest: db bench + db incline.
shoulder: db shoulder press + lateral raises
triceps: dips
sprints 4 laps around 1/7 mile track with 1 min rest. then 3 laps to finish off

Fri
back: pull-ups + barbell rows (ill do the barbell rows first and then do as many pullup as i can)
bicep: hammer curls
legs: Deadlifts (3x5), calve raises (no superset)

also my traps are already pretty big and am not trying to work them to the point where they will become disproportional. so if you think this workout will over do it, let me know.

thanks

Is the set going to consist of both exercises your going to superset? Db bench + DB incline then 2 minutes? Just curious that would make sense, it really depends on what your going after in your training. It seems on your big lifts your not going to superset. Thats smart, I dont see a problem doing this. It will burn you out quicker, IMO.

Is the set going to consist of both exercises your going to superset? Db bench + DB incline then 2 minutes? Just curious that would make sense, it really depends on what your going after in your training. It seems on your big lifts your not going to superset. Thats smart, I dont see a problem doing this. It will burn you out quicker, IMO.

yea i do one set of db bench + db Incline then rest for 2 min then repeat.

also i've noticed that when i lift without supersetting i get bulky muscles. im trying to go for more of a toned muscular look so thats why i think supersetting with work.

yea i do one set of db bench + db Incline then rest for 2 min then repeat.

also i've noticed that when i lift without supersetting i get bulky muscles. im trying to go for more of a toned muscular look so thats why i think supersetting with work.

Cool. Basically what your saying is you want to look cut. Well being cut is a diet issue. Having lean ripped muscle isnt dependent on how you lift, its on how you eat. Bulk or cut, simple as that. Supersetting is fine, just tighten up diet and youll be good.

Cool. Basically what your saying is you want to look cut. Well being cut is a diet issue. Having lean ripped muscle isnt dependent on how you lift, its on how you eat. Bulk or cut, simple as that. Supersetting is fine, just tighten up diet and youll be good.

Sounds good. thanks

I dont like supersets. Which ever exercise you do second just seems to suffer. I would much rather just do straight sets. I dont believe doing supersets will make you lean either.

Top Bottom