Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People ask about weight loss I get anxiety...

madamnee

I don't know what it is, but whenever people ask me if I lost weight I always panic a little bit. I feel like I wasn't worthy to them before and now that I've lost weight I'm an acceptable person. I'm a receptionist at a gym and one of my clients just said "Did you go and lose weight on me?" And followed it up with "You know you're a short person and it really makes a difference. It makes a big difference" I know she was trying to compliment me, but I just felt like crap about it. Has anyone else gone through this?

I can see how that would be uncomfortable for sure. Definitely, something you should try to not stress about if you can though. Life is too short to worry about other people's opinions.

I see people talking about mental illness and anxiety all the time. They then want to take a drug etc etc. It's kinda silly. Most aren't actually suffering from full blown anxiety.

Here's the thing - you're meant to be nervous or SLIGHTLY anxious in SOME situations. Like asking someone to marry you, job interviews, standing on the edge of a cliff.

In terms of the OP's situation - ask yourself why? You say they were paying you a compliment so why get anxious. Don't look for a form of confirmation bias in asking if it's normal by getting others to say they have it too.

Top Bottom