Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench pressing with a belt

al bundy

I was wondering if you experienced lifters use a belt while you bench press. I use the inzer lever lock and it feels a bit wierd while on a bench but I was just wondering if I ahould just go ahead and adjust to it. I never really cared but I've seen powerlifters do both.

I also have the inzer lever belt. I latch it but do not pull it tight. I use a belt out of habit. I do not arch so it doesnt hinder me. And when i use my bench shirt my belt is what holds it in place when i pull it down. I f you can use the extreme arch you might not wanna wear it, but if your arch is slight or non existant wear it.

I also have the Inzer lever belt. When benching with an open back shirt with velcro, I don't wear it, I use the velcro straps to hold the shirt down, but when going strapless, I will wear the belt without cinching it.

Like Jay (but with slightly smaller weights) I only wear a belt to hold my shirt in place. I don't have a great big arch, so the belt does not get in the way, but I honestly don't know what a belt is good for in the bench except for holding your shirt down after you have pulled it low.

PowerlifterJay is the kind of guy that Rocket was referring to in his post above.

B

Last edited:
I don't like to keep a sharp arc because of the way my back feels afterwards, I guess I will just work with it and see what will work best in the end.

Benching & Belting...

I wear a belt when I bench heavy. 90% of 1 rep max and up. Wearing a belt does not affect my arch which is minimal anyway.

Top Bottom