Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting for contests or lifting for .....

Just curious, there are some jacked guys on here and I was wondering, how many of you are lifting and taking gear for contests and how many are lifting for the ladies ? I am personally lifting for myself and for the ladies. I guess more for myself now than the ladies. I am kinda sad really, I end up looking in the mirror all the time. I keep it warmer in my apt so I can walk around without a shirt and look at myself. I am way to modest to do that in public so I check myself at the house. Wasnt it Arnold that said looking at himself in the mirror was better than having sex ? Well, at least I am not that bad but if I had his body, I would probably say it too. Anyway, I would like to hear some stories about your experiences and why you lift that heavy weight all the time. I get tired of trying to explain it to my beer bellied buddies, I am sure a lot of us can appreciate the stories here. Peace

I'd think most of the board lifts for themself and the ladies rather than to compete. I dont think you are sad, why would you say that? Im %100 sure that anyway who lifts or goes to the gym regularly is always looking in the mirror. I know before I even lifted a weight I would still look in the mirror but now its on a more frequent basis. Shit, when Im walking down streets or in the city I always look in the window at my reflection. I dont think its anything to be ashamed about.

small but working on it said:
Just curious, there are some jacked guys on here and I was wondering, how many of you are lifting and taking gear for contests and how many are lifting for the ladies ? I am personally lifting for myself and for the ladies. I guess more for myself now than the ladies. I am kinda sad really, I end up looking in the mirror all the time. I keep it warmer in my apt so I can walk around without a shirt and look at myself. I am way to modest to do that in public so I check myself at the house. Wasnt it Arnold that said looking at himself in the mirror was better than having sex ? Well, at least I am not that bad but if I had his body, I would probably say it too. Anyway, I would like to hear some stories about your experiences and why you lift that heavy weight all the time. I get tired of trying to explain it to my beer bellied buddies, I am sure a lot of us can appreciate the stories here. Peace

I don't need to be jacked to get the ladies, comes naturally. I don't know why people take gear other than to bodybuild period. It's stupid. No Arnold said a pump was greater than sex :rolleyes:

Destroyer1986* said:
. Shit, when Im walking down streets or in the city I always look in the window at my reflection. I dont think its anything to be ashamed about.

LOL. who doesn't?

Started taking gear to build mass and a better body (I was always skinny) now, 4 years later, I'm taking it to compete in my first bbing comp.
I spend more time in the mirror now than ever - (posing ect) - the judges are gonna be tough and i want to see exactly what they see. You gotta look and take not of what you need to work on - don't be ashamed of looking in the mirror man. Your trying to build a better body! You beer bellied friends wouldn't understand - you'll learn to tune them out - I have! :)

eh, even after putting on size and getting more I dont get that much action. So I lift for myself. And I do check myself out in the mirror a lot.

In the mirror way too much, and I hear about it from friends. But at the same time, some of the admit that they would be too if they turned they're physique into something like mine. Thing is when I look in the mirror, I enjoy seeing years of hard work, sweat, and dedication.

Blu Steel said:
In the mirror way too much, and I hear about it from friends. But at the same time, some of the admit that they would be too if they turned they're physique into something like mine. Thing is when I look in the mirror, I enjoy seeing years of hard work, sweat, and dedication.

its only the ugly people that make you feel vain about checking yourself out.

Personal satisfacton......

nothing more nothing less...makes me feel proud of myself,,,,the dedication the comitment...the hard work...makes me feel like im doing every thing i can to better my self....if i can body build then every thing else in life becomes easier

BIC

I lift for personal protection. Unfortunately, anti-social behaviour seems to be all too common in Britain these days. Felt very vulnerable a few years ago especially walking home at night, so I started lifting. I'm glad I did, because I feel good, safe, and confident all over now.

Top Bottom