Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you lose weight by weight training?

Bruncally

I would like to lose some weight, but cardio is not my thing – for some medical issues I get headaches wheen I move a lot my head, so when doing things like running, burpees and stuff like that. I do feel comfortable doing weights though – will that help me lose fat?

Yes, by doing weights you will still be burning calories, which will lead to fat loss as well. Therefore, you can definitely rely on weight lifting for that. However, remember that your diet should correspond to your goals. Also, make sure to do some bicycle from time to time – it will not make you wobble your head, and yet it will train your heart, which is very important.

the best exercise to lose weight is running and swimming LSD (long slow distance).

weight training exercises burn calories but you are taking breaks in between sets. let's say hypothetically you did lunges for 1 hour straight (not even possible).. then yeah that would burn more calories than jogging.. but nobody does that

weight training is 30 second set and 5 minutes playing on phone and socializing with hot chick.. jogging on a running trail 1 hour straight is better :)

When it really comes down to it - cardio just burns calories. You don't need to do cardio to loose body fat. You can just remove calories from your daily diet. It's two different ways to do the same thing. Most people prefer doing cardio because it allows them to eat more but you don't need to do cardio to loose body fat.

Steve, as I said - can not run, so this is the reason I am contemplating weight training for fat loss. So from what I understand, it can help, but it will not be as effective as cardio, but still helps -right?

Absolutely you can weight train for fat loss. The most important is diet by a longshot so get that in order first. With training you want to keep your heart rate up so keep your rest periods low. I would say 30-45 seconds is a good time. Weight training can actually be better than cardio for fat loss because your metabolism will be boosted for a couple days. With cardio this is not the case.

Top Bottom