Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cold cuts on keto diets?

Noomrise33

I was reading the back of the salami package and it listed dextrose as one of the ingredients. Not sure if this is going to effect ketosis. Sorry if this is an absolutely ridiculous question but this is my first keto diet and I don't want to fuck it up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

You definitely have to be careful with some of those meat products. The carb count can add up quickly. Just make sure that you're not eating over 8-10 grams of carbs per meal (some people might even need to eat less) and you should be fine.

Look for meats that aren't cured with sugar if you can.

Another thing to keep in mind is that pre-packaged meats, for the most part, have low fat counts. That can hurt on a ketogenic diet because you eat an entire package and get 40g of protein and 6g of fat.

When I first got involved with ketogenic diets I messed up a lot by eating too much protein. Flaxseed oil (or mayo) is good way to balance the high protein/low carb count.

Ya dextrose is a very high gi sugar. Enough of it and it will definetly kick you out of ketosis. Try and stay away form that.

Thanks guys, Yeah I found out quickly about the not too much protein thing. I was eating like 250g a day on mon and tuesday with about 100g of fat and zero carbs. I now realized to keep the protein down in the 100 range and get my fat up to about 150. I down a shitload of flax a day as well as mct's. Still very hesitant on the carbs though. I am afraid to even eat five grams. I have a glucometer and it has been showing that by blood glucose level is at like 70 but i have done like three keto stick dips and every time it has changed to a medium purple. So i am assuming that I am in ketosis. Also using vanadyl sulfate and chromium, do you think r ala would be a better choice.
Dan

ALA gets me into ketosis much quicker, but i usually save it for my carb up. I try and get as close to 0 carbs a day as well. As long as the ketostrip indicates ketones by turning a color then you are in ketosis. Not to worry :)

Top Bottom