Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CUTTING CARBS TO 30

Liberator

I WAS STILL THINKING IF THERE WOULD BE ANY MAJOR BENEFIT OF CUTTING MY CARBS TO 30 FOR ONE/TWO DAYS, I AM STILL GAINING MUSCLE ON MY CURRENT DIET AT A RATE OF A POUND & HALF A WEEK MINIMUM. MY BF IS 8-9%, V.FAST METABOLISM.

IN ALL HONESTY I THINK NO AS I AM STILL GAINING, BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHO HAS DONE IT, IVE READ MIXED RESULTS IN THE ARCHIVES.

I'M LOOKING FOR A MAJOR GROWTH SPIKE

I'm not dieting, I am trying to increase my gains

If you drop carbs for a day, you lose some weight, but the gains when you carb up again will be double or triple because your body hangs onto the carbs youve loaded up on to prevent the samething happening again?

That is the theory anyway

[This message has been edited by Liberator (edited April 12, 2001).]

The whole idea of carbing up is to prevent your metabolism from slowing down while dieting. 30g of carbs for the day? Good luck. A terrible idea in my opinion.

Nono, I asked for peoples opinions!!

The whole story was I know a nutritionist who is a sort of friend aswell and he said that cutting carbs to 30g for one day (or two) will shock your metabolism, sure you will lose something over the day but in the long run you will gain big, because of the shock to your system. This guy is huge, he finished 3rd in a competition here and seems to know what hes talking about.

I questioned him as I am making 1.5lb gains a week anyway, practically zero fat gains and didnt think it would be any good for me.

I just wondered what everyone thought of it, from experience.

But no, I am not going to do it having thought about it.

If you go to zero carbs don't do it for too long because it is very unhealthy.

Your brain uses 60g of carbs a day to fuel basic processes. If you 'starve your brain' as it were, you could develop many other health problems.

My above post is not entirely true. The brain can be fueled by ketones. But still, TKD should not be carried out for too long.

Dear BodyBuilder<BR>
to reply to your question---no-- 30 carbs a day especially at the same time will not have u in ketosis, A ketonic state (which can be achieved after 48-72hrs naturally when carbs are cut to 0 , or 3-12hours w/Insulin) is a state of basically weight loss ,where the body uses fat for fuel instead for glucose (C6H12O6). When you are in Ketosis for 4-5 days then you are in fact ready for the SuperCompensation as writen in BodyOpus. When you have the carbs after Ketosis,(1st 24hrs high gly. carbs ex.sugar cereal-no fat-, 2nd 24hrs lowr. gly. carbs ex. pasta) your body will SuperCompensate, pull all the glucose into the muscle along w/ proteins. W/ this you are getting an anabolic effect; in turn, you will grow.<BR>
Worked for me :eek:)--(but only when I was cutting up,,,,I don't think it works too good for bulking)<BR>
My 2cents<BR>
Mr.X

Top Bottom