Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my HIGH VOLUME push/pull/legs split please!!

Al3aZeF

Hello,

I just want your take on my high volume push/pull/legs split. I'v been lifting for a while but didn't take it seriously or being consistent with it because I used to play competitive basketball but now I only lift. I used to do full body workouts and my lifts are : squat 245 x 5, dead 365 x 5, bench 155 x 5. BTW, I'm 6'2'' 200lb with skinny bird upper body but big lower body (srs). Without further details here's the routine that I designed personally based my balanced and favorite exercise selection for each muscle group :

- Push :
Incline Bench Press 4x5-8
DB Shoulder Press 4x5-8
Chest Dips 3x8-12
Machine Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Low-To-High Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Decline Skullcrushers 3x8-12
1-Arm Reverse Push Downs 3x8-12

- Pull :
Bent-Over Rows 4x5-8
DB Rows 4x5-8
Chin Ups 3x8-12
1-Arm Machine High Rows 3x8-12
Face Pulls 3x8-12
BB Curls 3x8-12
Incline DB Curls 3x8-12

- Legs :
Front Squats 4x5-8
Romanian Deadlifts 4x5-8
Lunges 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raises 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x8-12
Weighted Leg Raises 3x8-12
Russian Twists 3x8-12

I'm bulking in a 400-500 caloric surplus (I'm wanna gain .5-1lb a week) and my main focus is hypertrophy but for sure I will try to get stronger every 3rd or 4th cycle. Also, what do you think of running this program like this : Push / Pull / Legs / Rest / Push / Pull / Rest and REPEAT since I'm trying to focus on increasing my upper body size especially arms so I might throw in more volume on my arms than the shown above if I feel like to (maybe some drop sets at the end or few extra sets or adding in another exercise).

Thanks,

Note : I know that's not REALLY high volume but I just wanted to drew your attention.

For hypertrophy id make the reps higher. and that leg workout is kind of pathetic. Legs are the bigest muscle group, hit them twice a week and with more sets.

For hypertrophy id make the reps higher. and that leg workout is kind of pathetic. Legs are the bigest muscle group, hit them twice a week and with more sets.

It's already high reps (8-12) it's just the first 2 exercises though. For legs, I don't want them to get any bigger, I'm happy with the size of my legs. Thank you bro! :)

I agree that your volume is good . If anything you should decrease the reps 3-7 range for a cycle and increase them later (8 - 12)
I like push pull for heavy weights. The stimulus of heavy weights will induce hypertrophy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EliteFitness

Alright than I will do 3-7 reps for the first two exercises. Thanks man! :)

Top Bottom