Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretching???

Cubanito17

Ok I just read on one of these threads from guys not stretching!!! I thought you were suppose to stretch the muscle so you don't pull a muscle. Well if I shouldn't stretch before lifting then what workout does this apply to bench, squat, deadlift, powercleans, etc. Should I stretch before any of these???? And what about the days that I go for a PR should I stretch before going for that or just jump on it and warm up first.

Only do light joint rotations as part of your warm-up to stretch. Stretch afterward, and again on off days. A proper warm-up should leave you flexible enough to perform your lifts with a little room to spare.

OK I thought when I read on that one post that I was reading that stretching doesn't work before lifting b/c it will loosen you up too much and i was like "great another thing i'm doing wrong" but then again you learn something new everyday.

It does loosen you up - too much. This problem, joint laxity, can be the cause of numerous injuries. Remember, the number one rule of any athlete is to stay healthy. The more training time missed due to injury, the more time you have to waste retraining instead of making progress.

Still waiting for you to reveiw the snatch thread and post some questions about it.

I just posted on the snatch i've been wanting to get to that with time and during the week i really don't have all that much time to come on here with school and lifting. ye i hate after two weeks of being off of lifting it takes a month to get back to where you were. it comes out as time off = twice as much time to get back i.e. a month off, two months to gain that month then keep going up.

Top Bottom