Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Birth Control (ortho low) and Bodybuilding and ephedrine...

Nichole

Thoughts, comments...PLEASE!

I have a pack of pills given to me by my DR to start after my next period. However...I am afraid that it may have negative effects on my physique or hinder my progress. (I currently work very hard on my body and train 6 days a week...as well as keep a VERY clean diet and rarely put any alcohol into my body...once in a blue moon I'll have a glass of wine as my cheat.)

I also have/use diet fuel's original formula with ephedrine to enhance my work-outs. (I've only been using this for the past week and a half or so.)
Curious also about negative interactions between birth control and ephedrine products.

Any advice, input...or experience with either of these would be very helpful and very much appreciated! :)

I would like to begin competeing this spring so these are big concerns for my health and my physique.

Thank you :)

I believe Daisy is on the Ortho Low and had no problems with her progress. It really depends on how you react to the BC. I personaly like being off BC when I training but then there is always the fear of the condom breaking etc.

My boyfriend and I live together...so we're not really feelin' the condom thing, lol.

I would love to get daisy's feedback on BC and training. I know of all the things to be concerned with it's so vein, but it's a real concern of mine.

I also don't know if ephedrine can make it any less effective, or if it is terrible for you since you're not even supposed to smoke cigarettes on the pill....but then again that's because nicotine constricts the blood vessels, right? Ephedrine speeds up metabolism as well as opens up the bronchial tubes...?

I hope I just didn't make myself sound too clueless...

I've never had a problem with training and BCP. QT is right, I have never felt like it impacted my progress. BUT, everyone is different...I know some people are very sensitive to BCP. I have been taking BCP for about 15 years, never had issues with gaining fat or excessive bloating.

I have taken BCP in combination with just about everything - fat burners, AAS, random supplements...and no problems. If you are concerned, I would check with your Doc....although they are NOT unbiased when it comes to ephedra....they usually hate it, so they likely will be negative.

Thank you so much for your shared experience with the two...that's why I didn't ask my doctor...they all HATE ephedrine. I wanted honest feedback from someone who is on the same page as myself and who has actually used similar products before. :)

I just didn't know if there were any known reactions between the two, or if epehedrine interfred at all with the effectiveness of BC.

I'm on Ortho-lo, and haven't noticed any problems with it at all physique-wise. (I did notice weight gain/water retention with other higher hormone pills in the past.) However, BC pills kill my sex drive so I'm looking to possibly switching to the patch.

FigureSkater said:
I'm on Ortho-lo, and haven't noticed any problems with it at all physique-wise. (I did notice weight gain/water retention with other higher hormone pills in the past.) However, BC pills kill my sex drive so I'm looking to possibly switching to the patch.

WHOA...is that a common problem?

I took a break for about 8 mo. from the pill. I was doing fine but decided to go back on with fear of getting pregnant now that I have a b/friend again. So I started Ortho lo tricycline ...and started it 3 weeks ago...I have been spotting every since! Urgh!!! That alone kills the sex drive. I also noticed lost of sex drive when previously on it. And I love sex...That can suck. :evil:

playmatesky said:
I took a break for about 8 mo. from the pill. I was doing fine but decided to go back on with fear of getting pregnant now that I have a b/friend again. So I started Ortho lo tricycline ...and started it 3 weeks ago...I have been spotting every since! Urgh!!! That alone kills the sex drive. I also noticed lost of sex drive when previously on it. And I love sex...That can suck. :evil:

Ohhhh nooooooooo....I had no idea that was a possible side effect...my DR DEFINITELY DID NOT tell me about that :(...and I asked what ALL possible side effects were :evil:

Yes, lowering the sex drive is possible with ANY hormonal BC, including the patch. Messing with hormones levels can bring on sides - it is always a possibility. But everyone is different. It may not affect you like that, you never know.

There is the Copper IUD, a non-hormonal implanted device. But many docs don't like to use IUDs in younger women who have not given birth yet. But it is worth asking about, and pushing for if you want NO hormones.

Top Bottom