Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting\bodybuilding\strength training?..splitting my year

rgosit

How would this sound to u guys..
Im going to split my year of training up..4 monthes powerlifting, 4 monthes body building 4 monthes training like an athlete,,,

i will do 4, 15 week cycles with a week off after each one...and between them... this will constantly shock my body

so sept to december powerlifting, im going to use west side

january-april- i will probably make my own changing my volume and exercises

May-augest- i will train like an athlete, maybe even include sprints and explosive work, but i will find a workout for this. Nebraska or miami's maybe..or ne other i can find..but this is more similar to powerlifting and i will lead rite into it..

how does this sound as a yearly plan?

football programs are no where even close to powerlifting, they have tons of exercises and a decent amount of reps. football prgrams use the big 3 and advocate a lot of olympic lifts, and explosive exercises.

i was looking at it as...a fooptball program is designed to build power and strength..just like powerlifting programs... they both are based on core movments and alot of football teams\ players use programs like the westside, or at least incorporate its basics.

what football program do u have in mind?

well if ur going for power, nebraska has the most famous power though i feel it has gotten weaker the past few years. a good up and comer in strength is florida state, and i miamis is pretty solid, i have all 3. but here is what im saying, powerlifting is 3 days a week, one or two exercises a day, high heavy weight, low low reps, with long durations between sets. college football programs are for more explosive athletes while still keeping the core exercises, there are a lot more exercises, more reps, and recuperation time is less,

i have nebraska and unc books,

i got miami from there web site..however i dont kno the percentages for the lifts...

i would like to see floridas if u could link me or soemhow allow me to see that it would b great.

i have the program of a few local colleges also, small schools.

what do u think of my idea to change my training every couple monthes to keep my body shocked?

What are your goals? Are you just doing this to do this? You will end up neither a powerlifter, bodybuilder, nor an athlete from this...in my opinion.

What are your goals man...???

B True

my goals.. get bigger stronger..become more athletic...look good,
and im not sure how i want to train in the distant future so i can touch on a ffew diffrent styles to find out what i really want, also i have always been playing sports and have been training like an athlete.

i also have this set up this way because in the sumer i will be home from college in the future, and will be fighting bjj, another reason i have it set up like this.. so i will be training like an athlete while competing.

Top Bottom