Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What whole foods have the higest protein......

AlphamaleStS

What whole foods, (poultry, fish, meat, dairy, or grains), has the most protein per serving, out of everything on this planet????

Since ive started BB, 6yrs ago, the most bang for your buck would be tuna! albacore has 20gms per 3oz serving!! thats as much as most (1) serving protein shakes!

the runners up would be: Turkey thighs, steak, poultry, bean sprouts, and beans, any input???

i think chicken breast has the most but im not 100sure. about 32 grams, but that might be for 6 ounces?

tuna sounds right if its per serving ...

This is something that has confused me for sometime. Seems everybody has different values for different foods. According to www.calorieking.com a 5oz Chicken breast has 43 grams of protein. Yet I see people often giving different values... what gives here?

AlphamaleStS said:
What whole foods, (poultry, fish, meat, dairy, or grains), has the most protein per serving, out of everything on this planet????

Since ive started BB, 6yrs ago, the most bang for your buck would be tuna! albacore has 20gms per 3oz serving!! thats as much as most (1) serving protein shakes!

the runners up would be: Turkey thighs, steak, poultry, bean sprouts, and beans, any input???

After whey protien eggs have the highest BV. Infact the BV is based off of eggs. See below

Biological Value

The Biological Value (BV) is a scale of measurement used to determine what percentage of a given nutrient source is utilized by the body. The scale is most frequently applied to protein sources, particularly whey protein. Biological Value is derived from providing a measure intake of protein, then determining the nitrogen uptake versus nitrogen excretion. The theoretical highest BV of any food source is 100%. In short - BV refers to how well and how quickly your body can actually use the protein you consume.

Below is a list of various sources of protein and their respective ratings.

Protein Ratings FOOD PROTEIN RATING
Eggs (whole) 100
Eggs (whites) 88
Chicken / Turkey 79
Fish 70
Lean Beef 69
Cow's Milk 60
Unpolished Rice 59
Brown Rice 57
White Rice 56
Peanuts 55
Peas 55
Whole Wheat 49
Soy beans 47
Whole-grain Wheat 44
Peanuts 43
Corn 36
Dry Beans 34
White Potato 34

As far as sources of protein created in the lab are concerned, here is a short list of some protein sources you can find in supplements common today. See how they compare to the natural sources listed above:

Protein Ratings PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT PROTEIN RATING
Whey Protein Isolate 159
Whey Protein Concentrate 104
Casein 77
Soy 74

Mavy

Its not so much what has the most protien, but what has the most protien taht your body can ustilize. Hence the BV measurement for protien.

Mavy wrong forum..what you doing here lol :p i thought you were kidding yest bout not knowing there was a forum about foods..too funny

Top Bottom