Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest day

BEAST420

Currently utilizing push , pull, leg, with one day off and then a repeat... I do chest/shoulders on push, back and arms on pull, and legs on legs.. Abs every gym day... I have been murdering my triceps on pull day as my best friend who has my ideal arms has told me to do twice as much tricep as bicep... This kid never jucied or anythjng but is big as hell and his arms are boulders... He told me to do three type of pull downs 12x each and on the last set (4th) all negatives which has been making me so sore. As I superset my bicep workout with a tricep workout for 3 more excersizes... My goal is arms and shoulders to grow the most... My question is , should I utilize an extra day off?? I am on cycle , test and winny.
My diet is eating to lean bulk, and i am carb cycling with high days for push and pull , medium on off day, and low on leg day...
I do cardio 4x week 25 mins inclined walking....
Should I take an extra rest day?? Thanks

i will usually take a day off after leg day so i am fresh for my push day cause i like to go heavy sometimes when i bench. pull days are the least brutal so i don't need any rest for that, legs are the toughest.

really its up to you.. depends on what day you want to be more fresh.

i have found if i am able to sleep well i am gonna be fresh no matter what. i like to get in a solid 8-9 hours.

I have to agree with sleeping ... I went from 6 to 8hours and I always feel more refreshed as long as my damn dogs don't wake me up from barkin...
Anyway, so one day off and the repeat is not overkill?

And I think that pull is my biggest day... I absolutely love murdering my back bc I feel there's so much of it to work... I also follow up with arms and my tricep day has been insane since I started listening to my friend suggestion..

Can not agree with stevesmi more. Pull days are a walk in the park and legs are by the the hardest. I hate people who neglect their legs, if they feel fine to go to the gym after a leg day then they're doing it wrong. So my first rest day is after legs. I'd just do whatever your body is comfortable with, if you absolutely murder a pull session and you're really feeling it the next day, then have a rest. Sleep is really important too as said above, I'm fortunate to get about 10 hours every night and it helps my recovery a hell of a lot. I don't think it's overkill if you do it after a rest day, it depends on how you feel, everyone is different. A guy at my gym doesn't believe in rest days... goes to the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours, never been injured and can lift a hell of a lot. So I guess it varies on how an individual feels.

Can not agree with stevesmi more. Pull days are a walk in the park and legs are by the the hardest. I hate people who neglect their legs, if they feel fine to go to the gym after a leg day then they're doing it wrong. So my first rest day is after legs. I'd just do whatever your body is comfortable with, if you absolutely murder a pull session and you're really feeling it the next day, then have a rest. Sleep is really important too as said above, I'm fortunate to get about 10 hours every night and it helps my recovery a hell of a lot. I don't think it's overkill if you do it after a rest day, it depends on how you feel, everyone is different. A guy at my gym doesn't believe in rest days... goes to the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours, never been injured and can lift a hell of a lot. So I guess it varies on how an individual feels.

^ yea I go 7 days a week. Rest days should never be planned in my mind. Rest when you know you need it.. If not keep killing it

^ yea I go 7 days a week. Rest days should never be planned in my mind. Rest when you know you need it.. If not keep killing it

Agreed, rest when your body tells you to, not when you " scheduled it" unless you have a sporting event or something where you know you need to be fresh

And I think that pull is my biggest day... I absolutely love murdering my back bc I feel there's so much of it to work... I also follow up with arms and my tricep day has been insane since I started listening to my friend suggestion..

bro if pull day is your biggest day then you aren't working your legs properly.

I am drenched in sweat on my leg day. legs are the most intense workout. try 6 sets of deads, 6 sets of squats and then do some cleans for 6 more sets. 6 reps each to 80% failure per set. then do some yoga poses.. warrior, downward dog, and pigeon to stretch out those hammy's then come back and tell me leg day is the easiest. oh and take 90 seconds in between sets.

i see some clowns at the gym do 4 sets of 2 rep legwork doing heavy weight with shitty form taking 6 or 7 minutes between sets socializing with their other juicehead friends. that isn't to me a workout, that is just acting like a gorilla trying to impress the fake DD boobed chicks there who couldn't give a shit and probably are laughing at them for their stupidity

i agree that you can definately do push/pull/legs ED and take rest days when you feel its necessary instead of planning it out. lets say you didn't sleep well, it might be in your favor to just do a little walk around the neighborhood that day and then get in a late afternoon nap instead and then try and catch up on your sleep so you kill it the next day.

with this split lets say you worked out ED.. you are only working out that body part specifically every 3 days.. if you take a day off its every 4 days.. so that is plenty of time for someone to recover who is conditioned.

a newb is gonna be different.. they are gonna need more time to recover. or someone who is going always close to failure and coming close to max'ing out (which is silly btw anyway) powerlifters usually go 60-80% .. they don't go in there and max out very often until its the day of their competition, its about building consistency at a lower weight and slowly upping things .. not just going in there maxing out 1 rep, socializing with their juiced up buddies for 20 minutes, and calling it a day and going home (i see this a lot from the same people at my gym and i'm sure they wonder why they don't look like they workout) they can do a lot of weight for a rep but you wouldn't think they really worked out

Okay well thanks for the idea for my leg days.. I will deff do as you suggested with deads, squats , cleans ect.. Also I feel the rest day is utilized well bc also like u suggested I do shoulders and chest for push and back and arms for pull. So I am working out my triceps two days in a row.... I always thought rest days were utilized for growth... I understand that's what sleep is for but to me it seems slightly overkill on my tris... For example I did push yesterday, my tris are sore, but after I hit em for arms today there gonna be shot... Maybe I could just go with the flow and see how I'm feeling and vase an off day off that....
I also very very early go in and max. Don't really kno the last time I have , I usally don't go under 5reps as the Absolute lowest and even then I drop set to lighter weight slower form with resistance.... And no, I am not one of those kids who hangs with ther juice head friends and sits Round doing bench press nd then playing bball and calling it a day..

Top Bottom