Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

barbell and dumbbell seated presses - elbow position

J

jeremys

do you/should you have your elbows in (towards the front) or out (like a BB style bench press)?

personally, i cannot do any pressing exercise with my elbows out. when i do it feels like my shoulder and pecs are going to rip in half. i cant really do and barbell over head presses that much, but when i do dumbell presses i tuck my elbows to keep the stress of the joint, but it still works my delts pretty good.

elbows out on db's and tough my clavicles with the weight, Barbell elbows a little in and touch clavicle with the bar

I do them both ways with db's, when I have my elbows in I stay in a pronated position, it mimics the log press somewhat and it is a more natural movement for me

The log feels better on my shoulders (elbows in) but I've been working a lot with a regular bar and with dbells. When I do dbells I keep my elbows out and take the dbells down till they hit my shoulders...

B True

for me, elbows stay out and the bar is brought down to the lower chin.

Just watch the Ronnie Coleman video. . .thats exactly how I perform seated barbell presses. . .except not with 315lbs lol.

hmm we got some some different opinions so im not quite sure yet what i'll do tomorrow

Top Bottom