Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hack squat machine

hunhunlol

IS the hack squat machine a better alternative to just regular back squats? I feel less pressure on my spine with the hack squat. What do you guys think ?

I use it occasionally as accessory leg work, but it's not a substitute for the leg and core work that squatting provides.

it is a completely different animal that squatting on the rack. my advice is do front or box squats.. fuck traditional squats which 95% of guys don't even do right anyway.

if you front or box squat will light weight you will get tremendous benefits over the clown in the gym putting 4 plates on each side and doing a 5 degree squat and tearing up his joints

I would say yes and no. For some people who are just not very well built to back squats it can be a fantastic alternative.

I personally like hack squat machine a lot, although I also do regular squats. However the feeling on your quads is something completely different when you don't need to focus on bar path, balancing yourself and controlling the weights.

But I have to say not all of them are equal and I have known a few people who have not been able to use certain machines because of the angles and how the machine is built.

What I would suggest is try different foot placements and stance widths and if the plate where you put your feet on is adjustable try changing the angle of that. If none of those work and you are still feeling pain in your back then it just might be one of those machines that is not made for your body structure.

Top Bottom