Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

CLOMIDCLOWN

DOMS is short for delayed onset muscle soreness. In other words, its the name for the sorness your muscles experience 24 hours after a workout. My question is does anyone ever not get DOMS OR cant get it no matter how hard they work out?

To me, DOMS is a measure of a good workout. I like to feel sore the next day, it tells me I achieved something. But, sometimes, I cant get that soreness I like so much, no matter how hard I work out (to failure). :chomp:

Anybody have input on this?

no input but i exp the same thing,lately i have been getting sore but before hand i could do the same workout and not get sore?!!! dunno but i can vouch for you on that one

Depends.. if one warms up and stretches properly, and performs excercises that they've done recently, you probably won't get much doms.

If you don't warm up or stretch, or change up excercises or weight amounts, you'll probably get sore. Either way, I don't think it is an accurate predictor of muscle growth.

I've always considered DOMS getting sore 48 hrs later; to me being sore the next day doesn't really qualify as 'delayed'.

I believe and (I have no proof), that soreness comes from stretching/overstretching a muscle during the exercise itself.

Take ticeps and Biceps, the Bi`s never really get sore but the tri`s do because of the extreme stretch they get. Shoulders rarely get sore as opposed to chest (which gets stretched.)

I`ve only come to this conclusion from self examination of the years of lifting/soreness I get.

i get it REALLLY bad in my calves... sometimes can barely walk 2-3 days after.

*Fucker said:
DOMS are in no way a measure of how effective your workout was.

Exactly, a newbie mistake is to equate soreness level with level o effectiveness of work-out....

Want to make your legs really sore? Go run a marathon and see how big you get.

DOMS can occur anytime 24-48 hours after a workout. I tend to agree with GONELIFTING. It seems the muscles that get stretched seem to play a role. Only rarely do my biceps get sore but my pecs are always sore.

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!

Top Bottom