Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rippetoe journal, new to this, please comment and advice.

lanny

i've just begun training. last year i did a month or 2 of it with guidance from my brother.now, i'm starting again, after reading the novice training thread. here's the record, please comment.

i have no idea how to start off, i mean, i warm up with the bar and then some lighter weights until i come to a weight that is heavy, i start doing my 3 sets. so i'm gonna do a detail record, so please, teach how to record this, i dont wanna bore ppl with the warm up records.

i'm 60 kg and height between 165-168cm.

DAY 1
(
-squat-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 10kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 15 kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

-bence press-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 2.5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 5 kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 10kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

-deadlifts-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 10kg) x 5 reps

(bar x 15kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

DAY 2

-squats-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 10kg) x 5 reps

(bar x 15kg) x 5 reps

(bar x 20kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

-strict military press-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 2.5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 5kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

-padley row-

bar x 10 reps

(bar + 2.5kg) x 5 reps

(bar + 5kg) 3 sets x 5 reps

i'm doing mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

so how do i go about the records?

-lanny

Try looking through some other members logs and see how they record them.

And welcome to the board.

Cheers,
Scotsman

still dont really get the other post. do i add the bar weight (20kg / 45 lbs) into the weight record? or wat?

lanny said:
still dont really get the other post. do i add the bar weight (20kg / 45 lbs) into the weight record? or wat?

Yes it's easier if you add the bar weight into it so you have a total.

So if you did three sets of five reps with 135 lbs you should record it like this.

135 x3 x5

weight x sets x reps.

Cheers,
Scotsman

question: on the novice lifting and training programme i read, it quoted that rip said to do it 3 times a week. as in mon,wed, fri, or tues, thurs and sat. i've done my 2nd day today, and i was thinking of going in again tmr, instead of skipping thurs. is it bad for the body? or should i let it rest.. i'm so eager to lift!! LOL

-lanny

Get the rest, you'll need it. It's good to hear that you are enthusiastic but don't overdo it.

Cheers,
Scotsman

hmm... ish!! i wanna taste iron!! LOL!

anyways, how should i increase my weights? i'm increasing 5 lbs each side every time i lift. atleast i try to for most of the work out. but over head press's are HARD to increase that much..wat does anyone think of that?

i also wanna ask, wat do i do between the training days? like, i'm training mon, weds and fri's, is there like any maintenance training? like push ups or ab work out?

okay, this was how day 3 went. felt like weights dun weigh that much today.. lol

-Squats-

bar x 10
55 lbs x 1 x 5
65 lbs x 1 x 5
75 lbs x 1 x 5
85 lbs x 1 x 5
90 lbs x 3 x 5 (strange, din hurt much)

2-3 minute rest after each set

-Bench press-

bar x 10
55 lbs x 1 x 5
65 lbs x 1 x 5
70 lbs x 3 x 5 (still rattling, but no difficulty)

2-3 minute rest after each set

-dead lifts-

bar x 10
55 lbs x 1 x 5
65 lbs x 1 x 5
75 lbs x 1 x 5
80 lbs x 3 x 5

2-3 minute rest after each set too!! ^^

over all was fine. getting the hang of it again. suppose to do hit the gym yesterday (friday), but i club till 4 something, slept till 3pm.. din had the strength, even through i club again last night, but i had less alcohol, more rest, woke up earlier, less hang over.. so i went to lift.. it was fine really..
din felt much..

next monday imma be going it again, i think i'll get a video and post it, so maybe someone can comment on it. long way from lifting heavy just yet, but that concludes week 1 of lifting.

eating every 3 hours, cereal for breakfast, then i have lunch, then i have banana's, bread n eggs, then dinner, then some other stuff.. trying to get more meat, but that depends on mum.. she buys the stuff..

Top Bottom