Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The day after ....feeling sore?

JeetKuneDo

I know when u work out you tear the muscle fibres etc ... i have been lifting round 8months now, and i very rarely feel that soreness the next day. Why is this? I always just put it down to my bodybeing used to it. Is it because im not training intensively enuff? I just wanted to know if you big guys who have been training for ages get that soreness anymore?
Cheers boyz

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

Firstly, soreness is not an accurate gauge of how hard you are working and putting size on. You can be sore from running a marathon but it won't put any size on you. However, I am usually always sore if I put the right effort in.

Like I said in the other post on each bodypart learn to isolate it. For example if working say chest, do all your chest excersizes together rather than doing chest, a bit of arms, bit of shlds, back to chest etc. Really concentrate on the muscles being deployed during each set and hammer each body part in turn until it is finished then move to the next bodypart.

If you can get a training partner or just a spotter, get them to help you get some forced reps or nagatives at least on your heavy sets. Get as many as you can on your own and get your spotter to only give slight assistance when you get stuck, still making you work for it but slowly, keeping the weight just moving. Otherwise you are not training to failure. Doing this on every set makes me ache every time.

strengthmonster pretty much somes it up. Try shocking your body a bit. Switching routines up like one week for chest hit tons of reps with lower weight, the next week don't even use the bench but db's instead, then maybe the following week go low reps and heavy weight until max is reached. Variations are very important. Also maybe try some supersetting. I'm always sore when I do that. Or maybe it's just you're not training as intense as you could. I try and push my self as far as i can go without overtraining. Basically it's what you make of it.

If you really want to get sore, you train infrequently and with a lot of volume to failure when you do train. Of course, there are a whole lot of issues with this type of training so even though you'll get sore you will make very sub-optimal progress. In general, DOMS (soreness) is a dismal indicator and has no correlation to a good workout or any stimulus in size/strength. Just ignore it and train correctly. Most good programs (i.e. not having you train a bodypart once per week) will not have you sore on a consistent basis and unless you are sore to the point of inviting injury, you just train through it when it does occur.

I have been doing HIT for 5 years and have just switched to something new.

When doing HIT I could get my chest (for example) sore for an entire 4 days from 2 all out sets. Leg workouts with 2 sets of squats and one set each of extensions and curls could leave me sore for 6-8 days and resultin me having 10-14days between workouts! I've been trining for 12 years and I believe that the better you are, the more able you are to make yourself sore. Like Mad cow says, however, this has no bearing on your gains...

...my new routine involves 6-9 small workouts per week an the entire body gets hit many times from all angles, but I am essential ly trying to AVOID soreness for the most part.

Be pleased that you do not get sore - if you are growing/ getting stronger, than that is proof enough that things are working.
Good luck

like strenghtmonster said, if you dont have a training partner, get one. I noticed a huge difference from when I lifted by myself and when I had a spotter. Going to failure always gets me sore, and thats hard to do without a spotter.

Top Bottom