Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do ANY prohormones work? My take on them and the questions I have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetCord

*MODS I understand this belongs on the Diet and Supplement board but that doesn't get much traffic. I just ask this stays here for a day or two to lend to a better understanding of steroids and other popular supplements*

-Disclaimer- I have a better than average "Joe Schmoe Off The Street" knowledge of steroids (learned here) but I don't know everything and may actually be wildly fucked up in some cases.

In my opinion (since I don't have any facts), the test knock off prohormones like Andro don't work. I used it once bit before I knew much and didn't gain anything on it. But that could also be blamed on my diet and training. I later did 7 weeks of sust and gained 11 lbs of ripped muscle, but my diet and training were also top notch by then.

Anyway, I guess I'm a bit confused as to which prohormones work, if any and why/why not. The science sounds resonable to a degree but I'm a bit confused on a couple of points.

Most steroids are injected, bypassing the liver and entering the bloodstream unaltered. Prohormones, at least the ones I've heard about, are taken orally. Somehow they are suppose to be altered in the body to become true steroids. But if this change takes place in the liver, then wouldn't the liver continue breaking them down all the way until they were as useless as a real steroid taken orally?

There are only 3 steroids I can think of off the top of my head that are taken orally; D-Bol, Ox and Winny. Winstrol is broken down somewhat in the liver but can be injected and is more potent if done so, lending to lower dosages. I have no idea if D-Bol and Ox are broken down in the liver but I don't think they are to any large extent. I seem to remember that they were designed so the liver didn't affect them so injections were unnecessary. SO my assumption would be that if a prohormone were to be viable, it would have to be based on 1 of these substances. I would also have to assume that any pure Testosterone derivitive would be useless taken orally.

NOW one of the things I've heard discussed on this board is that prohormones compared to "real" steroids give all the same side effects but none of the benefits. I don't understand the logic behind that at all. If they're crap, I'd expect no, or totally different side effects.

I was scaning the new ESPN magazine (I think that's the one) and it discussed what athletes are using and how they're getting around the rules. One section I scanned talked about Bill Llewlyn and his work with prohormones. The one I remember them discussing was (I think) Eq. I thought that was an injected steroid. If it is, how could it be taken orally?

Are there any prohormones that work anywhere near "as advertised"? If so, I'd expect to have to take some Liquidex with Andro or 19-Norandro.

Could the claims for products based on D-Bol, Ox and Winstrol be true since these are oral steroids anyway?

If these prohormones do work, how do they use the liver to their benefit (altering into steroids) and then exit the liver without being further broken down?

And lastly, who has used prohormones as well as real steroids and can offer their own opinions?

I don't have any answers, just wanted to say it's a good question and I hope someone out there puts out some answers. I've used andro and had better workouts with it for a short time but I think it was just psychological. I've also used Primobolan Acetate orals from Promatrix. It's a legal supp advertised in lots of mags and is expensive at $70 a bottle that lasts 10 days. You can go on real AS for that. But I did get some results with it- 5lb gain in 3 weeks with no change in bf. Lots of companies (impact, sdi labs, etc) are claiming they have legal stack that rival as and I'd like to hear the real deal on this stuff.

>And lastly, who has used prohormones as well as real steroids and can offer their own opinions?

1-test transdermal:

I used it for 2-weeks. I had prostate problems and had to stop. pumps were good. Made me feel like a total pussy, which is a good thing. Made my bones hurt. made me tired. Got puffy nips and some leaky shit out of my left nip. Made my balls shrink.

Good point: pumps were good.

I've been off it for three days. My balls are coming back. I'm feeling aggressive again.

The only way I can explain the gyno-like symptoms is that maybe when I had the 1-test in the beginning, my body recognized the androgen levels as being high and aromitized my own naturally produced testosterone.

Summary: Lots of sides, not much benefit. Not worth it for me.

Prohormones are garbage...Plain and simple.

OX, Winny and D-bol are 17-AA's and thusly survive a pass in the liver. All three can be injected as well.

1-Test may actually be legitimate, but not orally unless someone makes it as a 17-AA. Otherwise it needs to be injected. A simple fina kit can be used to create this.

Hope this anwers a few questions.

Juice Authority, I just went to the link you gave and skimmed over it. Great resource! Thanks for the input.

pushup said:
Juice Authority, I just went to the link you gave and skimmed over it. Great resource! Thanks for the input.

Don't be a fool. Asking pat arnold about prohormones is like asking a vacuum cleaner saleman if you need a vacuum cleaner.

They all stink. They have the sides of steroids without the benifit because they're essentially lousy steroids.

And ask yourself this -- even a real steroid has to be 17 AA to be effective. How can that crap possibly do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom